OldGray320i
OldGray320i Reader
3/25/15 11:37 a.m.

A buddy at work likes these, and a quick and un-thorough web search showed prices in the $17K to $20K range. Same websearch showed "problems" during the production run.

How bad/good are they? Bank breakers when something goes wrong? Problems are overblown?

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe SuperDork
3/25/15 12:29 p.m.

Not terrible to maintain in terms of running gear. They are basic Chevy stuff underneath. Main body parts are effectively non existent, the top if it goes can be a 2-4K repair. The top will have issues in 20% of the trucks at some point

They have horrible cowl shake and the build quality is piss poor in terms of interior. They are a ton of fun though. 20K will get you a good 5.3 car or a beat to snot 6.0 car.

Anything with a manual in the 6.0 brings more money. Finding a stock one is hard and they are getting up there in years.

Owners are like the prowler and corvette guys they think the car is worth way way more then it is and actually buying one at a good price is next to impossible if you limit yourself to the local cars.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/25/15 12:51 p.m.

Aren't they basically a trailblazer?

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
3/25/15 1:35 p.m.

they are a rwd Trailblazer with a goofy "retro" body on them. too bad they never offered them with AWD and a proper manual tansmission.

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
3/25/15 1:39 p.m.

A buddy's Dad has one. I recall something goofy like the tonneau cover isn't removable or something making the bed pretty much useless.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe SuperDork
3/25/15 2:31 p.m.
tuna55 wrote: A buddy's Dad has one. I recall something goofy like the tonneau cover isn't removable or something making the bed pretty much useless.

Cover does not come off and in about 80% of them the bed is carpeted and had wood strips down the center.

penultimeta
penultimeta New Reader
3/27/15 12:09 a.m.

Eh. If you're gonna do it, do it right. Trailblazer SS

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UberDork
3/27/15 12:44 a.m.

Hope you like water leaks!

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
3/27/15 8:37 a.m.

Coincidence? I think not.

IT'S A TRAP! Buy a Trailblazer SS or a Saab 9-7X Aero.

JacktheRiffer
JacktheRiffer Reader
3/27/15 8:47 a.m.

I think they are some of the goofiest cars ever made. But v8 is nice.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
V6hMnZiNy0i3EuvXB6TklZeG0fuLXaL9CS6QsP32HsS9UvwgQQnrIVZXFskqKKWl