1 2
kreb
kreb GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/2/13 12:57 a.m.

I saw it outside the SF International Auto Show today.

The surface finish is terrible.

It appears to be a spray-on coating with chronic Orange Peel, and inconsistent across the car. I have to say that I love the lines of the Rapide. And the chrome is a very cool idea, but the proper finish should be like glass, not a ten-footer.

kreb
kreb GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/2/13 11:53 a.m.

As an aside, one aspect of the Car show that was surprising was how uniformed people were. I'd say that Motorheads only made up 5 percent of the audience. So lots of stupid questions, and stupider answers. It was kind of funny, I was explaining how the Subaru CVT works to my son when people started asking questions as if I worked there. Most of the manufactures reps were pretty uninformed so I think that people were starved for actual tech.

Other notes:

The Aventidor is actually very appealing in person. On paper it looks like a comic car. Ditto for the new Vette. (drool)

The Ford exhibit was packed. Their electronic interface problems and how it's made their reliability record look bad appeared to be the only fly in their ointment except......Lincoln was a ghost-town. Sad to see really.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8Ln8GegJrP5RM3AFnG2vSGFfx8nyrfxSzOntto8DI1GtJIjdcj7vQ81QLcpgSP8O