Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
7/23/24 11:23 a.m.
feature_image

Why pay for stickier tires after you buy the car when you could just spend a little extra and have the factory fit them for you?

For the 2025 model year, Honda will gladly fit your Civic Si with a set of stickier summer tires as an optional package.

The updates aren’t just limited to tires, though, as Honda brags …

Read the rest of the story

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/23/24 11:24 a.m.

Our Civic Si has the summer tire option. I think it was also like $300 and worth it. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/23/24 11:24 a.m.

PS: Don’t let my wife see this. :) 

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
7/23/24 11:26 a.m.

The summer tire package is a no-brainer, right?

$300 sounds like a heck of a deal.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
7/23/24 11:43 a.m.

I still like this car......

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/23/24 11:50 a.m.

Summer tires were optional for 2022 and 2023. I think that they were dropped for 2024. This isn't really big news.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
7/23/24 12:46 p.m.

What's crazy is that just 4 years ago you could get a Civic Si with all of these options and the same engine/trans combo for 20% cheaper. I love Honda's but removing standard options then adding them back a few years later and acting like it's a bonus is the most cringe E36 M3 automakers do. 

Flynlow
Flynlow Dork
7/23/24 2:09 p.m.

My buddy has one of these, he's averaging 40mpg in real world use, which is stunningly impressive for a hot hatch/sedan segment car that handles well and is fun to drive.  His only complaint was we didn't get the (standard for Canada) heated seats, and it sounds like they're rectifying that. 

El1ss O'Ramac
El1ss O'Ramac New Reader
7/23/24 2:55 p.m.

Still needs more power and a dual-clutch transmission.  But Honda is slowly getting there...

Flynlow
Flynlow Dork
7/23/24 4:07 p.m.

In reply to El1ss O'Ramac :

I agree with neither of those things, but live your dream.  I'd take the same power, no auto rev matching, no sunroof, a $2000 discount for those deletions, and 1000rpm higher redline if I could impose my will on reality. 

RyanGreener (Forum Supporter)
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
7/23/24 4:10 p.m.

Well, accounting for inflation, the car is basically the same cost with all of the "upgrades"...but am I the only one who doesn't care about heated seats? I don't really think cloth cars need them, even in the cold winters. I had heated seats retrofitted into my wife's RAV4 who insisted she needs them but she never uses it. Anyways, can't say I car about the full digital cluster gauge but it is what it is. I don't need to stare at more screens during the day but here we are.

dannyp84
dannyp84 HalfDork
7/23/24 4:48 p.m.

What sort of character do these turbo engines have? Does the grunt taper off well before redline like the MKV GTI? I really like the Civic's styling these days and wish the K24 had survived.

Coniglio Rampante
Coniglio Rampante Reader
7/23/24 7:12 p.m.

I like the mildly revised look, chassis development, and reasonably priced tire upgrade.

What I'd really like though is an actual hatchback* option for the Si.

* Civic cognoscenti, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about the Si being offered as a sedan/trunk only.

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/23/24 7:28 p.m.
El1ss O'Ramac said:

Still needs more power and a dual-clutch transmission.  But Honda is slowly getting there...

Still needs 2 fewer doors. DCT would kill the fun. 3 pedals forever!

(And get that damn screen off the dash. Looks like a cheap add on from a  bad stereo store)

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/23/24 7:32 p.m.
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) said:
El1ss O'Ramac said:

Still needs 2 fewer doors. DCT would kill the fun. 3 pedals forever!

Make it a two door hatchback for me, a la '88 SI

RyanGreener (Forum Supporter)
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
7/23/24 7:38 p.m.
Coniglio Rampante said:

I like the mildly revised look, chassis development, and reasonably priced tire upgrade.

What I'd really like though is an actual hatchback* option for the Si.

* Civic cognoscenti, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about the Si being offered as a sedan/trunk only.

Well, with these features introduced, it pretty much eliminates most of the differences between the Civic and the Integra. The Integra has different exterior styling, liftback, and nicer interior but that mostly seems to be it.

GTwannaB
GTwannaB GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/23/24 8:22 p.m.

Re: Hatchback and DCT, not the exact same but it looks like the 2025 hybrid has same 200hp and I am guessing more torque. It is supposed to be in hatch form plus sedan. Sure not a SI but how close is it with upgraded tires and suspension?

Flynlow
Flynlow Dork
7/23/24 8:56 p.m.
dannyp84 said:

What sort of character do these turbo engines have? Does the grunt taper off well before redline like the MKV GTI? I really like the Civic's styling these days and wish the K24 had survived.

Having driven both, think of it like a reliable version of a MK7 GTI and you're in the right ballpark.  The grunt doesn't fall off before redline, but because it's a Honda you hit 6K rpm and think you should be entering VTEC, the rev limit being there is a surprise. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
7/23/24 8:58 p.m.
El1ss O'Ramac said:

I'm pretty sure that the 2016+ Acura ILX came with the Si engine of the time, along with a DCT.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
7/23/24 9:31 p.m.
Flynlow said:

I'd take the same power, no auto rev matching...

I've always taken pride in my heel and toe ability, so naturally I thought I'd hate the rev matching, and turn it off forever.

But I left it on by accident a few times and, holy crap, it's fantastic. I leave it on 90% of the time now. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wVYESgWJUGmbwcYFG5NX9lxOGI3yRnfbToy9dMvnXmRcZ5zL2l2yaLVBYduBlUWh