1 2 3
chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Reader
6/26/11 5:18 p.m.

Yeah, but the one up there is a 3piece billet recreation. P-Slots also were available on Saabs, Volvos and MKI Golfs in Europe. We only got the two sizes of the style.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
6/26/11 5:38 p.m.

how about an 80s american OE wheel that the import crowd has started to love?

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Reader
6/26/11 5:40 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote:

That is the business!

EDIT: Rust should be natural

CanadianTercel
CanadianTercel New Reader
6/27/11 1:00 a.m.

Wow those 3 pc P-Slots are super cool!!! they look so good with a polished face. So vw, on my toyota, so wrong, i wuv.

ATS Classics> ATS cups..

belteshazzar
belteshazzar SuperDork
6/27/11 6:36 a.m.

depends on the car.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
6/27/11 10:31 a.m.
darkbuddha wrote: Don't dis' those Fittipaldis too much; I've got a set of the American Racing version in 16x7... I found 'em kinda ugly when they were polished, but a couple cans of spray paint and I got the poorman's Compomotive MOs:

THAT IS AWESOME!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/27/11 11:07 a.m.

I agree on the "natural" rust... I cannot wait for that trend to die.

As for the fittis on the merkur.. two thumbs up!

darkbuddha
darkbuddha New Reader
6/27/11 9:26 p.m.

Glad you guys like 'em... and technically mine are American Racing, though I swear they're the same as the Fittipaldis. Best part about wheels like these is that you can still get 'em for next to nothing; I paid $25 for the entire set of four 16x7s as found on craigslist... seriously.

BTW, the three sets of Enkei 92s I have (one set 15x7, two sets in 16x7) were each under $125 a set. That's like $32 per wheel, and they're pretty darn lightweight @ 15.5 - 16.5 lbs.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
6/29/11 4:19 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: how about an 80s american OE wheel that the import crowd has started to love?

Yeah, the "stance" crowd really took a liking to Vette sawblades. There's a slammed/stanced Jetta in my town that's rolling on white Vette wheels. Looks good, actually.

Most of the wheels in this thread are obsessed over on the forums of www.stanceworks.com

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/29/11 6:27 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
darkbuddha wrote: Don't dis' those Fittipaldis too much; I've got a set of the American Racing version in 16x7... I found 'em kinda ugly when they were polished, but a couple cans of spray paint and I got the poorman's Compomotive MOs:
THAT IS AWESOME!

Yep. Nicely done.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar SuperDork
6/29/11 6:37 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: I agree on the "natural" rust... I cannot wait for that trend to die.

I think I'm going to try that on my miata.

Oh wait....

smog7
smog7 Dork
6/29/11 9:22 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:
THAT IS AWESOME!
Yep. Nicely done.

that is insanely awesome. love the look. wish I could find some cheap 5x100's for my all trac

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gdXWSVcfyN3ndwYTUmRhi4SBHQQKyx5PjaGgqRPrBsp2SMwvtLW1I7UCtfv1xUWv