maroon92
maroon92 New Reader
5/25/08 11:32 p.m.

I just decided tonight, after surfing the E-bays, that I will be going forward with a 5 speed swap into my 92 crown vic, and with a bit of "while-I'm-At-It" syndrome, I also have decided that since it will be on a 4 post lift i will also install a like new Ford Racing limited slip differential.

Oh, I also just sent a check out for some Rally tires...(shop at teamilluminata.com, Paul is a great guy, and his used rally tires are at GREAT prices)

okay, so here is the story. Whilst surfing Flea-bay, i noticed a great condition Ford Mustang Tremec T-45 transmission (supposedly never installed, and never used). This transmission is located in Georgia, My Dad is located in Georgia. My Dad just let me know he is coming up to visit, so I asked if he would be able to carry a package for me, and he said yes. Transmission is en route next week.

anyway, all of this is costing alot of money, and I need some similarly styled minds to tell me that I am not stupid for trying to do this. Also, Anyone who will be in the Kalamazoo area on a weekend in July, I will buy the Beer and Pizza, you bring the expertise. (email- Bradley.c.brownell@wmich.edu)

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/26/08 2:10 p.m.

This smells like a rallyx crown vic and that smells good. My only problem is that I'm across the country and will never see such a beast.

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports New Reader
5/26/08 2:22 p.m.

I have a friend who owns a 5 speed crown vic. He put cobra heads and intake on it. It was a cool project.

Have fun.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/26/08 6:05 p.m.

honestly, I see nothing wrong with it.

I have to drop a new trans into my saab soon.. I am fighting the urge to put a lightened flywheel, a 3 inch diameter downpipe, and a completel suspension into it at the same time

maroon92
maroon92 New Reader
5/28/08 4:37 p.m.

My dad just picked up the transmission, I am very excited.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/28/08 4:41 p.m.

Bradley rocks sweet Tshirts at RallyX events too, doesn't he?

Maybe, Big B, I need to verify witht he war department first.

maroon92
maroon92 Dork
5/28/08 4:51 p.m.

Ha, I do rock sweet Tshirts at Rally-x events.

any help would be great... though of course the work will not begin until we get my friends corvette's suspension re-installed and off the lift.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SqGelhKrcXqNzoB6brjyAKscm6orkWH0TCgwwfLyijCm3OZ9DstAZQWRGujEPWln