1 2
airwerks
airwerks Reader
12/29/15 6:56 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: all well and good VW.. but if you are driving a commercial vehicle with no windows to the back... mirrors are your -only- source of information

Not true..... braille still works.

plance1
plance1 SuperDork
12/29/15 9:48 p.m.
jrw1621 wrote: Funny, this is a pet peve of mine. It kills me when I see people place these wrong. The best placement is as low as possible and as far out as possible. On the passanger side that would be at the low, right corner. On the driver side that would be at the low left corner. In the sample below, I choose position #3. If not #3 then #1 is my second best choice (which may have to do with the design of the mirror.) Never #2 or #4 You can now find these stick on convex mirrors that come with a piviot and are adjustable. I like them. Here is another tip for the back of the van. I had the small version of these on the back of my Astro. It made parallel parking very easy and I could see right to the ground just a few feet off the bumper.

This. This guy must be a brother from a different mother. I drove a huge van at an airport for several years. The mirrors were in the proper position and worked so well I didn't reply on the larger mirrors after awhile.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
i9hZjn8yMN4EpztDXAStshnbtfzqw3OsrAF160iSJLYply5Sz5MNmP8XgywLNz3x