IndyJoe
IndyJoe New Reader
1/6/16 11:08 a.m.

CoPart sure seems appealing for some speed parts, start to a track/lemons car, or even an entertaining driver.

Anyone have any good advice from their experience dealing with this site/company? Any hidden fees or unexpected hoops to jump through?

(for what it's worth, I don't have a dealers license)

Thanks in advance.

Klayfish
Klayfish UltraDork
1/6/16 11:18 a.m.

There have been a lot threads on here about Copart, so you'll probably find a ton using a search.

In a nutshell, yes there are tons of good things out there for crapcan racing. Get familiar with the website so you can figure out which cars you can actually bid on, as many are dealer only. The auctions move quickly, so if you identify a car, keep a very close watch on the auction as it may be on the block for just a matter of seconds. On the website, the car will be assigned a row number, so when you're watching the auction online be sure to follow that row.

Yes, there are fees. I bought an E36 318i as a donor car for my crapcan. I won the auction for something like $325, but with fees, it was closer to $500 when I was done.

JTNWEvo
JTNWEvo New Reader
1/6/16 12:04 p.m.

I've used it for a couple motorcycles and peruse the listings all the time. My advice is to be very aware of the fees and if possible go look at the vehicle before bidding.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Reader
1/6/16 2:59 p.m.
JTNWEvo wrote: I've used it for a couple motorcycles and peruse the listings all the time. My advice is to be very aware of the fees and if possible go look at the vehicle before bidding.

What he said! I've bought 5+ cars from copart, don't get surprised.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WF8D4SGLIOxGwV8jWBFYthzq0E495mb2WmWPTwT8hZu6GWURZGz0FLHjXB6N0LnU