1 ... 3 4 5 6
Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
10/16/17 12:49 p.m.

In reply to Jaynen :

Yeah,  I was watching it.  Looked like the bidder was from Ohio.  That thing was tweaked,  so hope they knew what they were getting into.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/16/17 12:49 p.m.
Jaynen said:

That 911 sold for 28,500 waaaay too much

surprise

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
10/16/17 1:03 p.m.
sleepyhead said:
Jaynen said:

That 911 sold for 28,500 waaaay too much

surprise

Here's the thread where Aussie bought his.  His was newer,  similar miles (35k), and he paid 40k.   Considering the hit salvage cars take,  and how much work this one needed,   his was a much better deal imo. Of course maybe they'll part it out and do well,  but at a 28k buy in they must be much better at parting cars than me.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/03-996-carrera-turbo-awd/99461/page1/

M3Loco
M3Loco Reader
10/16/17 1:16 p.m.
Cotton said:

My problem with the Nashville copart is just about everything requires a dealer license,  so I always have to go through a broker,  which is a hassle.  I have a dealer buddy that might let me use his license,  so I plan to ask next time I see him.  I was browsing last night a found quite a few I want to bid on.

How much do Broker's charge you for this? and how is the process? Do they bid for you, then pay the vehicle, then you pay them?

Reason I ask is that my Brother has a dealer's license out of MA, he has a few guys sighed up under him to bid on behalf of the Dealership.. May be an option for you.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
10/16/17 1:28 p.m.

In reply to M3Loco :

The last time I tried it I went through the copart broker service and there were 3 fees,  which vary by broker.  Registration fee was $50 and was refunded if I didn't buy anything.  There was also a security deposit that was iirc $500,  then a transaction fee of 200 I think if you bought something.   Once signed up they just sent me a username and password to bid with.  The problem with that process is it takes a while to setup and you have to go through it each time you want to participate in an auction,  which really puts a damper on my impulse buying!  That being said I do have a dealer buddy,  so will run it by him to see if adding his dealer license to my account might be a possibility.  I don't mind paying someone for the ability to bid,  I just want to bid when I want without having to go through the broker process so often.

M3Loco
M3Loco Reader
10/16/17 1:48 p.m.

Cool! He may just be able to add you as  REP under his account. That is if he's got the Premium account. 

Good Luck!

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/16/17 2:22 p.m.

When I looked into this after talking to Loco so I would be able to access Adesa or Mannheim auctions there was a lot about needing to be licensed in the state your are a resident of

M3Loco
M3Loco Reader
10/16/17 5:22 p.m.
Jaynen said:

When I looked into this after talking to Loco so I would be able to access Adesa or Mannheim auctions there was a lot about needing to be licensed in the state your are a resident of

A Dealer's licence could be from Alaska, and you can purchase Nationally. You don't have to be licensed in the state you are a resident of. I can buy anywhere in the U.S. with my licence from GA.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
10/16/17 5:59 p.m.

I keep looking at parts prices on local iaai and copart cars. My next part out might come from here. Seems like some good potential profits. I need to watch the fees though!

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/17/17 9:29 a.m.

Coming up locally in about an hour. Currently at 1050, sold for 1200

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/21/17 8:40 p.m.

So I am currently winning this orange NB with a pure sale bid of 625 dollars. I put a 1200 dollar max bid on it. If it goes that cheap it seems like a great deal. However I sort of promised SWMBO I would not buy anything until bonus time in December. If I win it cheap to I fess up? Do I stash it until december when I "buy" it, or do I sell it off to one of you folks :P

sleepyhead
10/21/17 8:45 p.m.

While orange is generally a good color for me.... unfortunately I'm out of the Miata game until sometime in the late 2030's

untchabl
untchabl New Reader
10/21/17 9:56 p.m.

Hit up Dusterbd13 if you decide to sell it, he may be interested and he's in NC as well. He's been talking about wanting a less bent up daily driver Miata.

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/23/17 11:11 a.m.

In reply to untchabl :

Well I won. Was not expecting to. Base sale price was 1200 ended up being 1750 with fees. 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
10/23/17 12:32 p.m.

Damn,  this went for 1350.  04 Cayanne with 125k and what looked to be minor front end damage.  Should have looked at that one in person.  

Can't seem to link it now since the auction is over.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
10/23/17 12:39 p.m.

In reply to Jaynen :

Where are you again? Didn't yupididit need a bunch of velocity orange Miata parts? Looks like a good deal, does it run and drive?

johndej
johndej HalfDork
10/23/17 12:54 p.m.

2006 Exige Currently < $10k

HFmaxi
HFmaxi New Reader
10/23/17 2:00 p.m.
Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/23/17 4:20 p.m.
dculberson said:

In reply to Jaynen :

Where are you again? Didn't yupididit need a bunch of velocity orange Miata parts? Looks like a good deal, does it run and drive?

Run and drive, Raleigh, Car is in China Grove which is outside Charlotte NC. I have 3 days to pay and 5 to pick it up. If I don't buy it I think I have to pay a 400 dollar relisting fee. Its also a 99 which is the most desirable year for building a track car the motors can easily be made to hit about 130whp I think

Miata I won

Only damage I can see is passenger door, and quarterpanel looks like a gouge. As a track car if the door opens and closes I would probably not even bother. And slight tape over something in front fascia

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
10/23/17 4:38 p.m.

Cool.  What is the original color of the car?  Crappy repaint. In the picture with the passenger door open you can see they painted the whole door closing latch/striker orange too.  The close up of the vin tag also shows a lot of paint on the tag itself.   The firewall is black so I suspect black is the original color. 

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/23/17 5:06 p.m.

Yeah good eye I think you are right. Also  looking at the fender/firewall in the underhood shot

JTNWEvo
JTNWEvo New Reader
10/23/17 5:22 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Based on the VIN tag paint code is was originally Emerald Green.

sleepyhead
10/23/17 5:28 p.m.
Jaynen said:
dculberson said:

In reply to Jaynen :

Run and drive, Raleigh, Car is in China Grove which is outside Charlotte NC. I have 3 days to pay and 5 to pick it up. If I don't buy it I think I have to pay a 400 dollar relisting fee. Its also a 99 which is the most desirable year for building a track car the motors can easily be made to hit about 150whp I think

Miata I won

Only damage I can see is passenger door, and quarterpanel looks like a gouge. As a track car if the door opens and closes I would probably not even bother. And slight tape over something in front fascia

I think there's a little more going on with that front bumper cover... still shouldn't be hard to fix/replace.

150whp, afaik, is: intake, header, exhaust & tune  on these cars

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/23/17 5:58 p.m.

Nice that's a hell of a lot more than my 1990 NA made. If I am keeping it as a track car I don't even really care about the bodywork as long as nothing important is tweaked

sleepyhead
10/23/17 7:41 p.m.

this might better belong on "Classic Motorsports"... still, popped up at the top just now:

1952 MG TD

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4pYthZR1O2manBbljxTaZgyvy9u7kH0lUO3j56r65x8UKpYx9n3l9c65M6JWNXpA