1 ... 4 5 6
dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
10/23/17 10:37 p.m.

In reply to Jaynen :

I would buy a $1750 run and drive 1999 Miata any day! I'm sure you could flip it, part it, or enjoy it and get your money's worth. That would be a good Exocet donor too. 

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
10/24/17 6:40 a.m.

I think its going to be my new track car. My old miata track toy starter out as a 2400 dollar 1990 NA that was in great shape mechanically so I feel like this is a great start. I am excited to dig into it and see what else it needs if anything

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/2/17 11:58 a.m.

so, poking around this early afternoon, while nursing a cold, I come across this:

https://www.copart.com/lot/44443017

I think I might be in awe of this PO

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
12/2/17 4:46 p.m.

The dead lcd screen for odometer can be fixed for $6 if you re-sodder the cable. $60 if you just buy the new lcd complete.  Aside from not showing odometer, this screen is also needed for fuel gauge and temp gauge. 

The radio is f-ed up and there is no easy way to add aftermarket. 

'06 -' 08 is best because of better chain guides. 

Are those 2 spoke rims? 

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
12/2/17 4:58 p.m.
sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/2/17 6:10 p.m.
John Welsh said:

The dead lcd screen for odometer can be fixed for $6 if you re-sodder the cable. $60 if you just buy the new lcd complete.  Aside from not showing odometer, this screen is also needed for fuel gauge and temp gauge. 

The radio is f-ed up and there is no easy way to add aftermarket. 

'06 -' 08 is best because of better chain guides. 

Are those 2 spoke rims? 

Yeah, I recall from your "Van Called Quest" build about the LCD; good to know about the chain-guides... although this is really just "idle speculation"... lots of calculus to juggle for me with cars... figured the two spokes were too much to keep to myself.

actually, broken radio probably isn't a deal breaker, lot of weight to save and replace with a Bluetooth speaker that's, er... easily removed for competition.

also, bit of info for "nvm" Craigslist surfing... warrenton is the sight of a pretty big (used?) car auction... so there's a bunch of pay-here lots and people flipping cars on the side.  So, I've learned to be cautious about listings down that way.

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
umvQ8RP42r0rCSY4tXBr0LzGViMr5wM7y4uHZHmXoAnkWdIFefvnRYLm1AQYjG8E