1 2
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/3/19 3:59 p.m.

I just don't know what to think of this one.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chevy-made-corvette-suv-compete-164300629.html

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
7/3/19 4:00 p.m.

I know just what to think of that. Kill it with fire. 

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/3/19 4:03 p.m.

That's poor Photoshop, but GM should make a Corvette SUV. It would print money for them while they aim for super car stardom.

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
7/3/19 4:20 p.m.

I don't see why they shouldn't make a sporty SUV/Cayenne competitor. I'd object if it looked like that, but why not?

Lamborghini has been selling fist fulls of Urus's lately.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/3/19 4:31 p.m.

The general concept probably isn't a bad idea in today's market, but branding it a Corvette is an affront to the name. It would fit much better as a Cadillac V model instead, IMHO.

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
7/3/19 4:37 p.m.

Make it less ugly, tart it up, turbo and awd, call it the typhoon, sell E36 M3loads.

E: actually my suggestion makes me wonder why they don't have a colorado based suv and then it turns out they do but they don't sell it here. the Holden Trailblazer

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/3/19 4:38 p.m.

In reply to Grizz :

Or that!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/3/19 4:40 p.m.

You could even keep the vette styling hints and call it a "corvette typhoon" and watch the internet self destruct

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
7/3/19 4:47 p.m.

They didn't build one, it's a photoshop.

-----------------------

"Now, we don't have any reason to think that a Corvette SUV is something that Chevy is even considering, and neither does Bob Lutz, seemingly. But what he said got us thinking: What if Chevy actually did make a Corvette SUV? ..... So we took a shot at imagining it ourselves."

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
7/3/19 6:19 p.m.
Shadeux said:

That's poor Photoshop, but GM should make a Corvette SUV. It would print money for them while they aim for super car stardom.

This. It’s not like there’s any shortage of Escalades running around. I look forward to seeing the real thing, and hope they sell a metric berkeleyton of them.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/3/19 7:00 p.m.

I can see the headline: "Chevrolet Corvette Portly Whale crossover joins Stingray in bowtie performance lineup."

Honestly, I don't hate the idea.

Dave M
Dave M Reader
7/3/19 7:10 p.m.

They'd sell a ton, but this is GM so they would screw this up soup to nuts. They would fight internally over which division gets to sell it, and then take too long to come out with it, and then handicap it with parts bin stuff and one or more build quality problem, and then refuse to warranty said problem, and then overprice it, and then cancel it when they only sell 30,000/year because volume. Or something.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
7/3/19 8:29 p.m.

Why would they do that?  No one would possibly buy an SUV allegedly but not actually based on a sports ca . . . Related image

Oh, ok, yeah, never mind.  Carry on GM.  

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/3/19 8:32 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

lol yup... 

sell the boring cars/suvs/trucks to make more of the less profitable cool stuff. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
7/3/19 8:41 p.m.

You guys are acting as though this is an actual GM thing....Yahoo just made it up.

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/3/19 8:45 p.m.

I am constantly amazed at the things people believe are real after seeing them once on the internet.

Let alone when the article straight up says it’s fake.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
7/3/19 8:50 p.m.
Dave M said:

They'd sell a ton, but this is GM so they would screw this up soup to nuts. They would fight internally over which division gets to sell it, and then take too long to come out with it, and then handicap it with parts bin stuff and one or more build quality problem, and then refuse to warranty said problem, and then overprice it, and then cancel it when they only sell 30,000/year because volume. Or something.

I wish this wasn't so accurate

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
7/3/19 9:07 p.m.
pointofdeparture said:

I am constantly amazed at the things people believe are real after seeing them once on the internet.

Are you trying to say there aren't hot singles dying to meet me in my area?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/3/19 9:24 p.m.

They should spin Corvette off into its own brand and offer four models:  front engine RWD, front engine AWD, mid engine RWD and SUV. Then Buick, Cadillac and GMC dealers could buy into the franchise. Sell more Corvettes, make more money, send Woody royalty checks for saving GM...

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
7/3/19 10:40 p.m.
kazoospec said:

Why would they do that?  No one would possibly buy an SUV allegedly but not actually based on a sports ca . . . Related image

Oh, ok, yeah, never mind.  Carry on GM.  

Except the Macan actually can back up the sales copy. Its a 4 door 911 on stilts through and through.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/3/19 11:48 p.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe :

Except for the VW based chassis and running gear.  No doubt Porsche put their own spin on it and made it MUCH more capable on the road than it should be, but let’s not go all “it’s a 911 on stilts” unless the engine is a flat six and in the wrong place.

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
7/4/19 12:31 a.m.

In reply to Stefan :

It's a 944 on stilts and much faster

rslifkin
rslifkin UltraDork
7/4/19 7:02 a.m.

Porsche seems to be the one company that just refuses to build a disappointing car at this point.  If they can't make it good enough, they either make it more expensive until they can afford to make it good enough or they just don't build it. 

Dave M
Dave M Reader
7/4/19 8:22 a.m.
Grizz said:

In reply to Stefan :

It's a 944 on stilts and much faster

Lifted Golf R, more like

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
7/4/19 9:06 a.m.
dean1484 said:

I just don't know what to think of this one.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chevy-made-corvette-suv-compete-164300629.html

So that's what a Corvette would look like if it took a huge dose of steroids and then got stung in the face by 100 hornets....

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LR1OtjFCuqakC6E8Z7vyLtT3zvnmqrVZTW6XpwpsNyXJCEDa2h4WehmPJFOCbu3H