1 2
Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/4/19 9:35 a.m.
barefootskater said:

I know just what to think of that. Kill it with fire. 

It's fugly,but not as bad as a new Prius.

Can it tow four tons like a Cayenne?

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
7/4/19 10:45 a.m.

Having owned a 911 and a Cayenne I'm extremely receptive to the whole concept and there are several fast sporty SUVs on my radar for future purchase. But, I've worked on and driven C3-C6s and none of them made me wish that that manufacturer sold a fast SUV, and I stopped caring about TBSS's pretty quick.  The C7 has a nicer interior that i've spent a little time in but even if you scale that up  I'm not sure it creates that appeal.  

I mean, if they charged enough to make it some bespoke platform that walked the walk it would be cool and im sure they'd sell it. I guess I've just never seen enough separation of quality and prestige between the Corvette and regular old Chevies to imagine this thing. Like, if i try to imagine the SUV equivalent of a C5 i'm just imagining an upgraded S10 Blazer because the materials and fit and finish are comparable. A Cruze is nicer than a C6. A C7 is better but not enough better than anything else Chevy sells for me to envision the SUV equivalent as 'special'. I guess it would have to make up all its specialness on platform/suspension stuff. Aluminum, carbon, way under 5000 lbs etc. 

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/4/19 2:38 p.m.

There’s no reason for it.  Therefore I don’t believe it will ever be produced.  GM already has a good share of that market with the Cadillac Whatever.  Anybody that wants that already owns a Vette and will just buy the Caddy.  Or Porsche.  Or BMW.  

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/4/19 3:48 p.m.

In reply to Grizz :

(dies laughing)

chada75
chada75 Reader
7/4/19 7:19 p.m.

In reply to pointofdeparture :

But, But it's on the Internet, so it must be True.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7soYHwf1NgSEWkMTAVfkQVXi6b1kfbfnGw7lcSVIl8CmZW6x1qzX5Vqg71ZYEwPd