DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
8/7/11 11:02 p.m.

Girlfriend shot these, decided to show her how to setup a DSLR for night time portraits. Next up in panning shots.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
8/7/11 11:20 p.m.

Where's the dragon? I thought you meant tail of the dragon.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
8/7/11 11:27 p.m.

Sorry I made you dry up. I was making a reference to the movie "Old School" where Frank the Tank refers to his Bandit era Trans Am as the "dragon."

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
8/7/11 11:28 p.m.

I took the restrictor plates off as well.

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0009005/quotes

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/8/11 2:31 a.m.

pretty.. I thought Tail of the Dragon too.

What colour is that? Looks like Audi Cirris Grey

Luke
Luke SuperDork
8/8/11 3:32 a.m.

Old School references aside, 'Dragon' is a totally appropriate name for that car, especially from those angles. Nice shots.

CanadianTercel
CanadianTercel Reader
8/8/11 7:20 a.m.

Wow that's a stunning car!

Nice work on the pics.

z31maniac
z31maniac SuperDork
8/8/11 7:37 a.m.

Those wheels look great on any car!

Good job.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
8/8/11 8:04 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: pretty.. I thought Tail of the Dragon too. What colour is that? Looks like Audi Cirris Grey

Very close, Nimbus gray, which is probably the same thing lol, and thanks everyone!

RossD
RossD SuperDork
8/8/11 8:15 a.m.

When I see that kind of trans am, I always think of Super Troopers: "He's so bulgy, he's like a moose!"

*Edit: I like it!

belteshazzar
belteshazzar SuperDork
8/8/11 8:38 a.m.

i knew what ya meant

looks great

Vigo
Vigo Dork
8/8/11 2:00 p.m.
What colour is that? Looks like Audi Cirris Grey

I was thinking "1/2" thick paint that's all over an old navy boat" was the name but you might be correct.

Nice pics.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
8/8/11 3:03 p.m.

I wanted the Navy Boat/Military Fighter jet/Military Cargo plane gray look

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/8/11 3:05 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: I wanted the Navy Boat/Military Fighter jet/Military Cargo plane gray look

Should have gone for White under the hood, inside the doors, and hatch.. and maybe some black graphics pointing out all the dangerous parts and opening hatches

itsarebuild
itsarebuild GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/8/11 4:17 p.m.
z31maniac wrote: Those wheels look great on any car! Good job.

i agree. what are they and what size are they by the way?

imirk
imirk Reader
8/8/11 5:48 p.m.

Dragon, More like Chicken ... Nacht! Nice Car, the only thing to make it look more like a stealth fighter is to give lit fake extra panel lines but that would be lame.

FlightService
FlightService Dork
8/8/11 6:21 p.m.

SCREAMING CHICKEN!!!

Sharp car, I loathe "modern" GM products except 3. That body of Firebird is one of the 3.

Monaro and C5s are the other two.

FlightService
FlightService Dork
8/8/11 6:22 p.m.

Although I thought this thread was originally about the road...

Will
Will HalfDork
8/8/11 6:48 p.m.

Killer looking T/A. I've never been a huge fan of the LS1 T/A front sheet metal (okay, plastic)--I always liked the nose of the LT1 car better--but it really works in that color. The name does indeed fit, and the wheels look like CCW Classics, btw.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
8/8/11 7:59 p.m.

CCW Classics. 18x9.5 up front and 18x11 in the rear. CCW threw me a great deal on tires when I picked up the wheels so I got RS-2s for dirt cheap but the fronts are a little stretched 265/35/18 in the front and 315/30/18 in the rear. If you ever visit the GRM HQ, CCW is right across the street, nothing like getting a tour of a wheel factory by a guy on roller skates!

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero HalfDork
8/8/11 10:01 p.m.

Awesome shots!! Drool worthy T/A

madeatdark
madeatdark New Reader
8/9/11 10:00 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: Girlfriend shot these, decided to show her how to setup a DSLR for night time portraits. Next up in panning shots.

Too funny, I was at Gators that night... you can see my Z in the background of the first shot. I should have walked over to get a closer look at your car.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut SuperDork
8/9/11 10:07 p.m.
mad_machine wrote:
DirtyBird222 wrote: I wanted the Navy Boat/Military Fighter jet/Military Cargo plane gray look
Should have gone for White under the hood, inside the doors, and hatch.. and maybe some black graphics pointing out all the dangerous parts and opening hatches

Don't forget the oil streaks, chipped paint, and ancient interior!

Actually that era GM product probably has all of those...very military.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
8/9/11 10:12 p.m.
Osterkraut wrote:
mad_machine wrote:
Don't forget the oil streaks, chipped paint, and ancient interior! Actually that era GM product probably has all of those...very military.

Minus the chipped paint you can check off the other two lol. Although half of the GM interior is deleted. I just need a mess hall and a bunch of seamen LOL

madeatdark - haha I saw both of those Zs over there, girlfriend said "hey both colors of those Zs combine would probably make your color!"

madeatdark
madeatdark New Reader
8/9/11 10:19 p.m.

HAHA!!! She might be right.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tHvnIhVAs6IfUUBLo3qbqgcup2z9AvEPBNDlgZ3eIy5kqke4Xx4i2IVZR7NXT15h