1 2 3 4
TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
4/18/14 10:00 p.m.
jv8 wrote:
mazdeuce wrote: You actually can't order one. They're at the end of production for them.
This makes me sad. While financially I could afford one I just couldn't pull the trigger on $67K even knowing they won't depreciate much. I'm torn because I really want another 550HP manual sportwagon on US roads. I'm almost ready to move to Europe for the sportwagons... I'll just go back to hunting unicorns now...

unicorns are on the endangered species list, drop the rifle and get to the dealer now, for the orphans. Do you hate America? Do you want the terrorists to win? Do your civic duty and CONSUME a Cadiilac.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
4/18/14 10:08 p.m.

Buy the damn car... then the smallest berkeleying tuba you can get, but buy the damn car.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltraDork
4/18/14 10:26 p.m.
fasted58 wrote: Buy the damn car... then the smallest berkeleying tuba you can get, but buy the damn car.

It fits. Back on page three is the picture. It looks like there is tons of room, but in fact the glass is pretty damn close to the tuba with the hatch closed. I brought it down to the dealer in the 911 and had the guy drag an already sold wagon up to the front to make sure it would fit. Certainly the weirdest thing I've done while buying a car, though I did lay down in a transit connect once to make sure I could sleep in the back.
The dealer found the car I want, I have permission to buy. I just need to make a deposit or something to hold the car until I can rustle up the GM numbers from my in-laws to get the discount and I'm golden. I think the car is in Dallas, so it will have to make it's way down here somehow, and then I can make super duper fast school runs.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
4/18/14 10:44 p.m.

Cadillac "Preferred Customer". Sign on the line and it will magically appear.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/18/14 11:15 p.m.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltraDork
4/19/14 9:44 a.m.

Between the time I said I'd take it, and the time the dealer got back to me, that car sold. God dammit. The search is on again.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
4/19/14 10:48 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Between the time I said I'd take it, and the time the dealer got back to me, that car sold. God dammit. The search is on again.

Suck. Ass. If I were you my patience would be running thin.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
4/19/14 11:15 a.m.

look up this way. ill pick you up at the airport. charlotte, nc

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltraDork
4/19/14 12:18 p.m.

This is insanity. Between the Aerowagon fiasco and this......
OK, the dealer said the car sold, that the closest one he could find was in Florida. OK. Bummer. I check autotrader and their affiliated dealership in Dallas says they still have one that is different than the one that they said they could get me. I called up there, and the one online indeed sold last night, BUT, the one that they said they'd send to Houston and then wouldn't sent to Houston was still available! Same car, I just have to fly to Dallas to pick it up, and the dealership will pay for the ticket.
Yay!
Holy hell.
Why is car buying always an adventure?

turtl631
turtl631 New Reader
4/19/14 11:57 p.m.

I don't know, but when the adventure ends with a cts vagon, it is worth it.

Sounds like you have a really supportive wife - good deal dude!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/20/14 12:19 a.m.

I like the "we'll fly you to Houston" option, that sounds like fun :)

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/20/14 12:59 a.m.

Another road trip!

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
4/20/14 7:03 a.m.

At least you know your bags will fit in the trunk.

BAMF
BAMF HalfDork
4/20/14 8:29 a.m.

I'm excited to live vicariously through you. The CTS-V wagon is my dream car.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
4/20/14 9:06 a.m.

Music, suspense, travel, 550HP sport wagon, this thread has it all.

Petrolburner
Petrolburner New Reader
4/20/14 11:16 a.m.

Another fly and drive!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltraDork
4/20/14 12:51 p.m.

It should be fun, though I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch with how things have gone lately. I want to fly up there and get it on Saturday, though my wife (rightly) thinks that it would be easier to go the next Friday because she has the day off work and could more easily drop me at the airport. We'll sort out logistics tomorrow.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/20/14 1:24 p.m.
kazoospec wrote: At least you know your bags will fit in the trunk.

As long as he doesn't take the tuba!

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
4/20/14 6:50 p.m.

Dude, I'm driving back now. Could have helped.

I have a buddy that works for Sewell Cadillac in DFW if you need contact and help.

m_walker26
m_walker26 New Reader
4/21/14 3:58 p.m.

Wait a minute. Get the car. But a couple of pages back it started to seem like I am sort of associated with a bunch of aging (another thread) BAND GEEkS. Another eureka moment!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UIdrdW6oPvXZbk9pQayOp1p6PBmmBGcx4cVDtb1AJzXMEHX4j5P1K5VDf0U2Hq97