BoneYard_Racing
BoneYard_Racing Reader
1/24/11 3:30 p.m.

Im in need of a set of springs and cant seem to find anything that will work the way I need. Im thinking of having a set custom made however I cant think of anywhere that can help me, my machine shop said they cant make springs. Anybody in GRM land have a suggestion im in PA but have no issue with shipping them

Raze
Raze Dork
1/24/11 3:43 p.m.
BoneYard_Racing wrote: Im in need of a set of springs and cant seem to find anything that will work the way I need. Im thinking of having a set custom made however I cant think of anywhere that can help me, my machine shop said they cant make springs. Anybody in GRM land have a suggestion im in PA but have no issue with shipping them

What are you looking for first of all, someone may know of an obscure supplier who deals with what you're looking for, or have a cross-reference for a spring on an OEM application that can be utilized...

BoneYard_Racing
BoneYard_Racing Reader
1/24/11 3:49 p.m.

87-88 thunderbird 600lb front 295lb rear

ditchdigger
ditchdigger HalfDork
1/24/11 3:54 p.m.

what is so odd about them? Can you not modify your perches to accept standard 2.5" ID springs? Any spring rate you desire is avaliable in that size.

On the rear of my 850 I machined some delrin and aluminum adapters to hold the 2.5" spring and adjustable perch. I can change spring rates with a phone call to hypercoil.

Raze
Raze Dork
1/24/11 4:06 p.m.
BoneYard_Racing wrote: 87-88 thunderbird 600lb front 295lb rear

what size, OEM? take some measurements of ID and OD, let us know

Ranger50
Ranger50 HalfDork
1/24/11 4:15 p.m.

That is just a Fox Mustang spring in a different # rating. So no real need to go custom unless you need a ultra-specific rating.

jimbbski
jimbbski Reader
1/24/11 7:14 p.m.

Maximum Motorsports sells Fox springs in various rates. If it were me I would just convert to coil over. The T-bird is just a rebodied Mustang.

failboat
failboat Reader
1/25/11 6:30 a.m.

a lot of the crown vic guys order springs through coilsprings.com and are satisfied.

Raze
Raze Dork
1/25/11 7:06 a.m.

CANOERS of the world UNITE!

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
1/25/11 7:26 a.m.

Canoe!!

failboat
failboat Reader
1/25/11 10:55 a.m.

seriously? thanks.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar HalfDork
1/25/11 10:59 a.m.
failboat wrote: seriously? thanks.

Wasn't you. A Canoer was hocking handbags for coilsprings. Captian Tom sank 'em.

failboat
failboat Reader
1/25/11 11:21 a.m.

oh. my bad. carry on.

chknhwk
chknhwk Reader
1/25/11 5:15 p.m.

Hmmm, that might be my solution to finding suspension for the Accent. Thanks failboat!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lTSXCfFgCOHoXIgTCBsF3XWvQNtCmYleKkBQNhvO9IWpfrkH7Tr1vJSzMlkxuZTO