1 ... 4 5 6
jtm8bd
jtm8bd
1/13/13 9:14 p.m.

You arrived at the same decision that I did, it's an exceptional car if you can live with the limitations. I seem to be the only person that actually likes the interior, it's just so basic it reminds me of a 240Z. What kind of mileage are you getting with yours?

You may have already seen this thread, but this guy did something similar to what you're looking to do, just a little more towards the side of dedicated track car instead of DD. Pretty good results! http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9004

rwdsport
rwdsport Reader
1/13/13 10:01 p.m.

Yea I saw that post, honestly havent been watching the mileage at all. Still in bliss mode, as one of my clients pointed out yesterday: "Enjoy it, driving a brand new car is one of the best feelings in the world..."

I read that thread, my plan over the next 3-4 years (in no hurry, DD primary): AP Racing BBK front (10 lb unsprung saved per corner), wheels with tires, coilovers, reduce some weight (100-150lb), cheap reliable bolt on power (30hp) the car will just be a giant killer at trackdays. But man, that steering feel is just so damn good....

Also I have zero problems with the interior. The wheel and shifter feel good and thats whats most important to me, and they spent the $ there for sure. I got the upgraded stereo, which was worthwhile to me and aside from that its perfect. I mean its a 25k car, and I sure as hell prefer it to the NC interior...

Vracer111
Vracer111 New Reader
1/16/13 11:32 p.m.

I was reading through and was going to suggest an FR-S... but looks like you came to the only sensible conclusion already.

Congratulations!

The car is something special and really comes alive on track with lighter/stickier wheel & tire combo. Only thing that really needs upgrading if you will be on track is the stock pads/fluid... I was only confident in the stock brakes (stock everything) to run at about 90ish % on track for 5 open lapping sessions. That 90ish % was still boatloads of fun though.

I agree with yall on the interior and chassis, Toyota/Subaru subaru did it right. Absolutely nailed the chassis (handles so good there is no need to touch a single thing on the suspension, other than tires, for track duty - pretty much perfectly neutral and completely stable while being instantaneously responsive), which is not something you can fix if it's done wrong. The interior is pretty much as good as you can expect for a well laid but basic all business driver focused interior.

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YzycubSsbaUXX8nx61TZmkt2EhkCROxHGKmPgF3CtcH9kxfU9yAqixkXO7XqvNWU