1 2 3 4
redstack
redstack Reader
3/31/12 4:07 p.m.

I"ve seen them, kind of like the looks, but the above picture shows everything looks better with boxish flares.

rotard
rotard HalfDork
3/31/12 4:22 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote:
Zomby Woof wrote:
aussiesmg wrote:
blueafro wrote: Watch the headroom. If you're over 6', or maybe over 5'10" with a long torso, you may find your head hits ceiling getting in or especially out.
That is really odd as the Elantra has room front and rear for 6'6" people, I regularly have tall and big people comment on how much space there is.
I didn't realize they were the same car.
Do you just lurk out there waiting to say something stupid whenever I make an Elantra comment? Just wondering.

I've heard that the Elantra gets 75 mpg and pulls mid 15's in the 1/4 mile.

mmosbey
mmosbey GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/31/12 4:41 p.m.
rotard wrote: I've heard that the Elantra gets 75 mpg and pulls mid 15's in the 1/4 mile.

I hear the Elantra can fell fifty trees with one swing of its axe, and its best friend is a blue ox named Babe.

I also heard this about the Veloster: Hyundai Veloster Review - Everyday Driver (Review summary: great if you're getting your first car. Needs more power. The turbo should be better.)

aussiesmg
aussiesmg PowerDork
3/31/12 4:48 p.m.
rotard wrote:
aussiesmg wrote:
Zomby Woof wrote:
aussiesmg wrote:
blueafro wrote: Watch the headroom. If you're over 6', or maybe over 5'10" with a long torso, you may find your head hits ceiling getting in or especially out.
That is really odd as the Elantra has room front and rear for 6'6" people, I regularly have tall and big people comment on how much space there is.
I didn't realize they were the same car.
Do you just lurk out there waiting to say something stupid whenever I make an Elantra comment? Just wondering.
I've heard that the Elantra gets 75 mpg and pulls mid 15's in the 1/4 mile.

Mine gets 85 mpg, pulls 12's and they pay me when I go through a toll booth.

novaderrik
novaderrik SuperDork
3/31/12 4:59 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
ok, now seriously- that's a real car that people will willingly buy and be seen driving on public roads?
Says the guy with the clapped out rustoleum "almost black" bitchin camaro that probably smells even worse than it looks?

it only cost me $400 to get my ugly car...

Lesley
Lesley UberDork
3/31/12 5:09 p.m.
mmosbey wrote: I also heard this about the Veloster: Hyundai Veloster Review - Everyday Driver (Review summary: great if you're getting your first car. Needs more power. The turbo should be better.)

That's pretty much everyone's review summary.

BBsGarage
BBsGarage HalfDork
3/31/12 5:13 p.m.
novaderrik wrote:
poopshovel wrote:
ok, now seriously- that's a real car that people will willingly buy and be seen driving on public roads?
Says the guy with the clapped out rustoleum "almost black" bitchin camaro that probably smells even worse than it looks?

Ugly cars ROCK !!!

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
3/31/12 5:44 p.m.
mmosbey wrote:
rotard wrote: I've heard that the Elantra gets 75 mpg and pulls mid 15's in the 1/4 mile.
I hear the Elantra can fell fifty trees with one swing of its axe, and its best friend is a blue ox named Babe.

And because it's a 6 speed, it makes every other car better too.

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
3/31/12 7:33 p.m.
novaderrik wrote:
poopshovel wrote:

You should get a window banner that says that so people can toss cookies at you as you drive by. I'm glad you like "beeing seen" in your car. Put a dixie horn on it and you'll be king of the trailer park.

BBsGarage
BBsGarage HalfDork
3/31/12 7:56 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
novaderrik wrote:
poopshovel wrote:
You should get a window banner that says that so people can toss cookies at you as you drive by. I'm glad you like "beeing seen" in your car. Put a dixie horn on it and you'll be king of the trailer park.

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! . . . . . . . . .

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
3/31/12 8:06 p.m.

Naw man. I drive a piece of E36 M3 every day. What I don't do is say "I can't believe someone would 'be seen'" in a brand new car, while driving said piece of E36 M3.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/31/12 8:11 p.m.
ProDarwin wrote: Its unique looking. That doesn't bother me. -The Accent has the same powertrain but weighs less, has a useable hatch area (not a super high loading height), and has better rear visibility.

would note.. the velostar starts at 2,585 pounds and climbs to 2,813 when fully loaded. It may not be Miata or Toybaru light.. but by todays standards that is pretty lightweight

BBsGarage
BBsGarage HalfDork
3/31/12 8:19 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Naw man. I drive a piece of E36 M3 every day. What I don't do is say "I can't believe someone would 'be seen'" in a brand new car, while driving said piece of E36 M3.

I guess "those in glass houses" applies here.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
3/31/12 8:47 p.m.
Grtechguy wrote: Looks pretty good like this:

I like them a lot!! Ya they are weird looking and different...... all the things I like in a cars looks. Saw one in the parking structure when I was at the Autorama and it was all blacked out with black steelie wheels and big knobby snow tires looking completely bad ass like it had just crossed the arctic circle or something. Like my STi's little brother. Love at first sight. Haven't driven one, but I will when the turbo comes on board. You could totally rock the Casbah in that thing.

Did I mention I am hot for the Nissan Cube and Juke too? No lie. I like 'em weird.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
3/31/12 9:35 p.m.

These are the cars that aren't symmetrical, right? The doors are different on each side?

I'm feeling a nervous breakdown coming on.

thunderzy
thunderzy Reader
3/31/12 10:01 p.m.

I think they look sweet. It's a hot hatch. Too bad it's fwd. when will we get a hot rwd hatch like the Renault R5 turbo again?

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
3/31/12 10:10 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: These are the cars that aren't symmetrical, right? The doors are different on each side? I'm feeling a nervous breakdown coming on.

You know, I didn't realize this until I was looking on CL a minute ago. The whole RX-Saturn thing bugs me too.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
3/31/12 10:44 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: These are the cars that aren't symmetrical, right? The doors are different on each side? I'm feeling a nervous breakdown coming on.
You know, I didn't realize this until I was looking on CL a minute ago. The whole RX-Saturn thing bugs me too.

Oh No! Don't give up now...........you have supporters! You do want it as bad as you think you do. Half doors..........who cares? Nobody uses them anyway. It's cool!

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
3/31/12 11:45 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: These are the cars that aren't symmetrical, right? The doors are different on each side?

Worked for the Pacer.

mad_machine
3/31/12 11:59 p.m.
thunderzy wrote: I think they look sweet. It's a hot hatch. Too bad it's fwd. when will we get a hot rwd hatch like the Renault R5 turbo again?

we have one.. it's the Porsche Cayman S

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
4/1/12 6:58 a.m.
Appleseed wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: These are the cars that aren't symmetrical, right? The doors are different on each side?
Worked for the Pacer.

Did anything REALLY "work" for the Pacer?

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie Reader
4/1/12 7:28 a.m.

I thought I wanted one...and then I tried to get in the back seat at our local autoshow recently. The back door opening is shaped so that getting a child into a child seat is going to be difficult, and getting the child seat itself in there pretty much impossible. Once in the backseat, my hair was touching the headliner - and I'm 5'7.

mad_machine
4/1/12 7:51 a.m.

I have seen them.. they are neat looking cars.. but I wonder where Hyundai is going with it

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
4/1/12 8:18 a.m.

I'll drive one when the turbo comes out. Thanks dudes & chicks!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce New Reader
4/1/12 8:22 a.m.

Hyundai built a car that people really notice and talk about. That fact alone makes it a raging success. I really like it visually, I'm thinking a turbo will make it pretty cool. I think they out scioned scion with this. Well done.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G8HjQ7BhzMLOZpSa2ngKNPgGgXpLT4Y0KtsPRxac5DLKzZG3cvLP8uKlYpUdBmS6