dyerhaus
dyerhaus New Reader
3/7/24 1:54 p.m.

Maybe a couple of more…

enderby
enderby New Reader
3/7/24 1:58 p.m.

In reply to dyerhaus :

What about one with the 308 gt4 now back in its lovely original green?

enderby
enderby New Reader
3/7/24 1:59 p.m.

In reply to enderby :

Sorry missed these as they were on the second page.

Sometimes its the only time you can catch a unicorn at rest to get a pix.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
3/7/24 3:03 p.m.

Closest I've got is across from the gas pumps:

Around here, if I started taking pics at the pump, I'd probably catch hell for taking too long. I'll do better in the future now that I know it's a thing. They can wait! 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/24 3:10 p.m.
MadScientistMatt said:
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) said:
1988RedT2 said:

I do mean this in the least offensive way possible, but it seems that every poorly lit low-res image of a beater for sale on Craigslist has been photographed at a gas pump.

100%.  I don't get it.  Why? 

My guess is to avoid giving away where you live.

Last year I spotted someone using several tripods full of professional lighting gear for a gas pump photo shoot. That was weird.

I'm going to guess it might have been David :)

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/7/24 3:35 p.m.

Not me, not me, although I have used off-camera flash at a station a time or two. I didn’t break out the stands, though.)

David S. Wallens
3/7/24 3:37 p.m.

Here’s another one for the thread:

David S. Wallens
3/7/24 3:39 p.m.

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
3/7/24 3:39 p.m.

So this is about as close to a gas station shot as my car will ever get.......waiting in line at the truck stop.

David S. Wallens
3/7/24 3:49 p.m.

This was shot at a gas station with off-camera flash, I admit. 

There’s a flash about 45 degrees off the nose plus an RGB LED set to purple inside the car. Just trying out something. 

Racebrick
Racebrick HalfDork
3/7/24 4:24 p.m.

Akbarratt
Akbarratt GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/7/24 10:56 p.m.

Every time.  Well, this is the first and only time I've had this one to the pump. Just a few days ago. 

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/8/24 12:07 a.m.

from the fly and drive. First fuel up. Still haven't taken proper photos of it. 

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
3/8/24 7:03 a.m.

I find the at the pump photos to be a bit tacky, but nothing says "I'm not very bright" like a gas pump photo with the nozzle stuck in the tank.

You're pumping gallons of highly flammable liquid into a complex machine you're probably making payments on. I have no earthly Idea why you wouldn't want to closely supervise that procedure.

The majority of gas station fires are caused by static discharge between the nozzle and the twit who wandered off to do something else during the fueling process. 

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
3/8/24 8:34 a.m.

A few months ago I was getting gas before work, and remembered that the kids liked taking gas station photos in the fluorescent lighting.

Racebrick
Racebrick HalfDork
3/8/24 10:32 a.m.
AClockworkGarage said:

I find the at the pump photos to be a bit tacky, but nothing says "I'm not very bright" like a gas pump photo with the nozzle stuck in the tank.

You're pumping gallons of highly flammable liquid into a complex machine you're probably making payments on. I have no earthly Idea why you wouldn't want to closely supervise that procedure.

The majority of gas station fires are caused by static discharge between the nozzle and the twit who wandered off to do something else during the fueling process. 

I think nothing says "I'm not very bright." Like making up facts. Static electricity fires are typically caused from getting back into a car, not "wandering off." In addition, standing 20 feet from a car is still "supervising."

https://pei.org/resources/stop-static-campaign/

chknhwk
chknhwk Dork
3/8/24 12:00 p.m.

My old POS hooptie after somebody hit my bumper. I miss it. 😔

speedlizard
speedlizard GRM+ Member
3/9/24 12:00 a.m.

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
3/9/24 12:17 a.m.

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
3/10/24 12:44 a.m.

In reply to Racebrick :

If you're not holding onto the nozzle, you've wandered off.

David S. Wallens
3/11/24 11:09 a.m.

I shot this last night just for you all.

buzzboy
buzzboy UltraDork
3/11/24 10:15 p.m.

Whale Oil Only

One of my all time favorite fuel stops.  Road Atlanta paddock.  Remembered this thread as we were fueling up yesterday.

David S. Wallens
3/12/24 9:39 a.m.
buzzboy said:

Whale Oil Only

Planet Express!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SEUpTgW9DFCK9OW02Qtw2xNUawTHI4RmzCqbBByLtxlxukJTLooi56RHeDmgJAKj