1 2
fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
11/20/13 9:06 a.m.

I pulled into the driveway at about 4:00 p.m. on Sunday. Its Wednesday now and I have two cranes to build, I have about 122 e-mails to respond to (with about 30 RFQ's within those e-mails), and my tools are still not fully unloaded out of the trailer. BUT, I am sitting here looking up parts, surfing streetfire, racingjunk, ebay, bringatrailer, IMS (steel here in ATL), Summit, etc., and just can't seem to take myself out of this! It always happens.....the trip home is quiet because I am thinking about the next "winner", the coup de gras, the "thing" that is fast as E36 M3 and that no one else has campaigned yet that I can build with what is in my garage already. I don't want anyone to think that I am not handling business, but damn (!), I wish I could snap out of this! LOL.......but then again, I DID source and purchase some parts and another car since getting home....

-Les

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/20/13 9:26 a.m.

Right there with you. Monday at work I spent much if the day looking for an A568 or A555 tranny for the Charger as well as another cheap set of 5x100 wheels, coil over springs, etc.

My excuse is that I feel like I'm coming down with a cold.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
11/20/13 9:53 a.m.

In reply to fastasleep:

I don't know about a lull, but I now read your post in your voice, which made me lul.

Gasoline
Gasoline SuperDork
11/20/13 10:04 a.m.

In reply to fastasleep:

You already have an Opel GT contender! waiting in the woods.

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
11/20/13 10:09 a.m.
moparman76_69 wrote: In reply to fastasleep: I don't know about a lull, but I now read your post in your voice, which made me lul.

I get that a lot. You are a funny guy! LOL

-Les

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
11/20/13 10:09 a.m.
Gasoline wrote: In reply to fastasleep: You already have an Opel GT contender! waiting in the woods.

I have something even better than that!

-Les

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
11/20/13 10:26 a.m.

I hate leaving!!! It was fun to just spectate, but I enjoyed entering much much more!!! Already planning my comeback ;-)

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
11/20/13 10:49 a.m.

Sunday - Drove home...15 1/2 hours of scheming...

Monday - pulled the $2013 car out of the trailer, drained the water and put on storage tires, pushed into the shed, signed title for $2014 car and moved out of shed and into the garage, Reviewed $2014 plan with Teammates and family

Tuesday - removed front crossmember and suspension, fabbed some stiffeners, measured new front end, sorted/found parts for two other Challengers and LSR car....all after a 12 hour day of "you've been on vacation" punishment....

Tonight - measure/cut frame for new crossmember and control arm mount.....

Ya, I guess there was a Lul

Gasoline
Gasoline SuperDork
11/20/13 10:53 a.m.
fastasleep wrote:
Gasoline wrote: In reply to fastasleep: You already have an Opel GT contender! waiting in the woods.
I have something even better than that! -Les

John's Creek peeps always do.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/20/13 10:55 a.m.
fastasleep wrote: I have something even better than that! -Les

Yes you do!

You KNOW what I want you to do!!

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
11/20/13 11:00 a.m.
SVreX wrote:
fastasleep wrote: I have something even better than that! -Les
Yes you do! You KNOW what I want you to do!!

OOOOH.... I do! lol

-Les

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
11/20/13 11:06 a.m.
wheels777 wrote: Sunday - Drove home...15 1/2 hours of scheming... Monday - pulled the $2013 car out of the trailer, drained the water and put on storage tires, pushed into the shed, signed title for $2014 car and moved out of shed and into the garage, Reviewed $2014 plan with Teammates and family Tuesday - removed front crossmember and suspension, fabbed some stiffeners, measured new front end, sorted/found parts for two other Challengers and LSR car....all after a 12 hour day of "you've been on vacation" punishment.... Tonight - measure/cut frame for new crossmember and control arm mount..... Ya, I guess there was a Lul

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/20/13 11:35 a.m.

+1 to all of the above.

Also, thanks again, Les! You and your brother rock!

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/20/13 11:35 a.m.
JoeyM wrote:
wheels777 wrote: Sunday - Drove home...15 1/2 hours of scheming... Monday - pulled the $2013 car out of the trailer, drained the water and put on storage tires, pushed into the shed, signed title for $2014 car and moved out of shed and into the garage, Reviewed $2014 plan with Teammates and family Tuesday - removed front crossmember and suspension, fabbed some stiffeners, measured new front end, sorted/found parts for two other Challengers and LSR car....all after a 12 hour day of "you've been on vacation" punishment.... Tonight - measure/cut frame for new crossmember and control arm mount..... Ya, I guess there was a Lul

I know. We're not worthy...

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous HalfDork
11/20/13 11:39 a.m.

Reading this thread makes me realize I'm not alone in my insanity.

Pat
Pat HalfDork
11/20/13 11:40 a.m.

I have a plan too...

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/20/13 11:42 a.m.

I'm still trying to catch up on sleep. Really need to get the decals off the car tonight.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous HalfDork
11/20/13 12:36 p.m.

In reply to Pat:

The first ever challenge build funded entirely on the previous year's winnings?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
11/20/13 12:41 p.m.

With the shortened time until $2014 I have been planning $2014 & $2015 already.

Gasoline
Gasoline SuperDork
11/20/13 1:00 p.m.
hrdlydangerous wrote: In reply to Pat: The first ever challenge build funded entirely on the previous year's winnings?

That's just mean.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/20/13 4:56 p.m.
hrdlydangerous wrote: In reply to Pat: The first ever challenge build funded entirely on the previous year's winnings?

He will still have to raise $1 of his own.

Pat
Pat HalfDork
11/20/13 6:01 p.m.
SVreX wrote:
He will still have to raise $1 of his own.

Damn, you're right...I'm out. :-)

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
11/20/13 6:50 p.m.

I have a plan but made a vow not to start a challenge car until the van was done. With the truncated timetable I may not make $2014.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab New Reader
11/20/13 7:11 p.m.

Not really a lul as much as angst. By the end of our 3 hour drive home we had decided on two major drive line changes to the triumph and planed the parts we need to pull the following weekend.

With 7 months til the next event a lul is not in the timeline.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
11/20/13 7:32 p.m.

Yeah, I hear you on the lull. Our drive home was long and tiring back to MA, and at one point we took a wrong turn which added extra time to the drive. After that, I've wanted nothing to do with cars for a bit. I've spent the last two days feeling like total garbage and on the couch instead of the garage. Also, it's been cold these past two days, which doesn't help. I had plans of getting started back on the CSX, but that never happened.

I'm not sure what our plans are next year. We were real close again with the Jeep, and we all agreed before the Challenge that this would be the last year we brought it, but with the short build time for $2014, who knows. We have a few options other than the Jeep kicking around.

And yes, we have already started discussing $2015.

And Les, you are one funny dude. The antics at the pool between you and one of Gainesville's Finest had me practically crying from laughing. Glad to meet you, and I'm extremely jealous of that CSX.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4wqhj6WUF23Jna6uGgEfLsRKpjIIae4kJvPrAYFZH1UbXYiniab4TqBPRMz57r8b