NBS2005
NBS2005 Dork
8/29/08 12:18 p.m.

Hi all,

I inherited a 98 neon RT. I was just trying to scrub the windows which look they have water spots on them. I tried glass cleaner, dish soap, and goof off to no avail. I even used a kitchen scrubber. How do I make these go away?

BTW, I'm just not getting the Neon thing. It's just another squeaky econobox, not nearly as well screwed together as the 91 Tercel we had.

Nashco
Nashco Dork
8/29/08 12:28 p.m.

Did you race the Tercel? Did you race the Neon? The Neon shines when pushed hard, not so much with the Tercel in my experience. If you don't like that Neon as much as an old Tercel, you can sell it and probably buy a pair of '91 Tercels...

Try ammonia...I've never had it NOT take something off the surface of glass.

Bryce

Travis_K
Travis_K Reader
8/29/08 12:41 p.m.

The point of the neon is its a cheap car that gets 37 mpg, has a pretty decent amount of power for a cheap 90s 4 cylinder, and handles pretty well compared to most other fwd 4 cylinder cars.

Duke
Duke Dork
8/29/08 1:47 p.m.

Bon Ami should take care of any problem spots on glass, with no harm to the surface.

As for the Neon, quit looking at it as you've heard 80% of the world describe it. Go drive the hell out of the thing somewhere. You'll understand then.

confuZion3
confuZion3 HalfDork
8/29/08 3:55 p.m.

Um. Did you try cleaning the inside of the glass?

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/29/08 3:59 p.m.

blado del razor?

44Dwarf
44Dwarf New Reader
8/29/08 7:39 p.m.

TOOTH PASTE.

No I'm not kiding it works

minimac
minimac Dork
8/30/08 11:47 a.m.
44Dwarf wrote: TOOTH PASTE. No I'm not kiding it works 44

Works for polishing plastics(tailights and such) too. Labor intensive, but works. Get the cheap China knock kind from the dollar store.

914Driver
914Driver HalfDork
8/30/08 1:04 p.m.

Acid rain? Really. It's a real thing here in NY, look at older cars with chrome bumpers, right where the water drips off the hood's corner there's a nickel size bit of oxidized chrome.

Try baking soda and water mixed, nuetraized the acid.

Do your battery tray too.

CivicSiRacer
CivicSiRacer New Reader
9/3/08 10:43 a.m.

Since water spots are most calcium carbonate use vinegar?

You can also use some good paint cleaner by meguiars.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
21arNnzd12u5Cwkj0dfNzSvZUHYI9eBcZf5GtURIum6RQX7HsxbygrynVa7vOhhn