audifan
audifan Reader
2/22/10 7:13 p.m.

So I am looking to get into the DSR game after following the LeGrand project. Question for Per or any other DSR/Bmod owners out there. Any reality to doing double duty in one of these things (Auto X and road racing)? I am looking to get into one a-la GRM style cheaper buy in with some sweat equity on my part. And yes I have checked flea bay and DSR forums. Any info would be greatly appreciated Colin

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
2/23/10 5:09 a.m.

The big difference between DSR and BMod is the gearing and aero. We run short gearing and higher drag/downforce wings in Solo. I'd bet that it would be pretty easy to swap the sprocket and change out wings to run a road racing event. We've kept all of the road racing safety stuff (including fire system) in our car.

There's a Titan BRM DSR conversion for sale now, and that Prince looks nice (albeit expensive) as well.

The reality of the classes is that the newer Stohrs have overshadowed the early flat-bottom cars for road racing, so you are looking at just being regionally competitive. But, that doesn't take away the fun quotient.

Money-wise, it's about 5-10k to get something rolling, realistically...but maybe closer to 20k or more to get something competitive for BMod. That said, if you wanted to think outside the box (see formula GRM thread) with a Miata diff/uprights, you could make something Challenge legal and regionally competitive for teh cheep.

stroker
stroker Reader
2/23/10 7:54 a.m.

Don't forget F1000 as a similar alternative.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9hEvN3jGb07cBn2nqldA0mTfeyrMfNb3wnPZ4zKVwMXdoDDpLkwuWM4Z892zYtR5