1 2
Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
10/19/10 6:31 p.m.
kabel wrote: I think it would be great to see DTM here. But this whole idea was nothing more than a "run it up the flag pole and see what people say." Multiple sources confirm there has been no such discussion between DTM/nascar on this subject.

Oh, really?

Autosport said: ITR (promoter of DTM) boss Hans Werner Aufrecht told AUTOSPORT: "In America, we are working with the NASCAR organisation. Beginning in 2013, we hope to have a championship with 12 races in the United States. "They will be six with Grand-Am and six with NASCAR events, for a standalone championship in America. I believe this is very, very good for the future of motorsport in the United States." Aufrecht confirmed that the planned races would be exclusively for next-generation DTM cars, rather than running as a class in another series in America. While the American plans are still at the discussion stage, Aufrecht added that the Japanese motorsport federation is close to agreeing to run the top class of Super GT - GT500 - exclusively to DTM technical regulations from 2013.
marktmv
marktmv New Reader
10/19/10 7:10 p.m.

Watch it flop just like NATCC did back in the days...

mr2peak
mr2peak GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/19/10 7:27 p.m.

I will go see at least one race. DTM is the best! Then again I just bought an m50 E30...

kabel
kabel Dork
10/19/10 8:45 p.m.

Sports Car Insider: The DTM coming to the U.S. and other NASCAR topics of note.

Peter M. De Lorenzo said: There is no truth to the report that NASCAR is involved in this whatsoever, and if there is actually a plan to take DTM to America, it’s a trial balloon being floated by the head of ITR - none other than Hans Werner Aufrecht - who told Autosport magazine “In America, we are working with the NASCAR organization. Beginning in 2013... ...In short, that’s bullE36 M3. I have two impeccable sources (including one inside NASCAR) telling me that there is no truth to this report whatsoever. That they have no interest in the idea and that they haven’t been in talks with ITR, or Aufrecht, or anyone. Trial balloons are floated all the time in racing to see who would be interested in participation, sponsorship, etc., etc., and Aufrecht’s statement smacks of that all the way.
1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nH6ecB2fzrGXP1WwrhgXwXy14KueA9TY29NdkOSNcvcBf99DLHd0wEFATFwgfJqT