1 2
z31maniac
z31maniac SuperDork
3/17/11 4:21 p.m.

You didn't go back far enough, try 1861, then it was repealed and reinstated in 1862. I brought up 1913 since thats the first time a permanent, "peace time" income tax was instituted.

Just trying to have a discussion, no need to be cruddy about it.

Gubby
Gubby Reader
3/17/11 4:38 p.m.

I am sure that when this is all over, we'll all head over to the In-and Out Burger for some drinks and some laughs.

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
3/17/11 6:35 p.m.

I read the article linked by pilotbraden and noted that a witness for the resident rasta-man claims that the chapparal weed is fire resistant. The witness is a founder/board member of an organization devoted to preserving California native flora.

For g&g's, I searched and found the website for the organizaion. Lo and behold, right there in black and white, is an admission that the plant is indeed a fire hazard. Allegedly, rasta-man's property was cleared because the weeds presented, you guessed it, a fire hazard.

Then, the county's billing for clearing the property was waaayyy over-priced; there seemed little problem in rolling back the fee. But the owner refused to pay even the $250.00 fine that was left over. Something stinks and it's coming from both sides.

I commend the man for living his lifestyle of choice, but his stubborness may allow him to live with an austerity level far below the one he could have kept.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
3/17/11 9:49 p.m.
Gubby wrote: I am sure that when this is all over, we'll all head over to the In-and Out Burger for some drinks and some laughs.

I don't think you should say that in a thread with a title like this one has.

Gubby
Gubby Reader
3/17/11 9:59 p.m.
SVreX wrote:
Gubby wrote: I am sure that when this is all over, we'll all head over to the In-and Out Burger for some drinks and some laughs.
I don't think you should say that in a thread with a title like this one has.

Yikes, you're right!

huge-O-chavez
huge-O-chavez SuperDork
3/18/11 5:01 a.m.
oldsaw wrote: Something stinks and it's coming from both sides.

Really? How can you smell anything over the

fuoriserie
fuoriserie New Reader
3/18/11 5:23 a.m.
Vigo wrote: That is very sad and frustrating. It's bullE36 M3 that people complain about the government getting its fingers into billionaire boardrooms as if they could make it worse, when things like this are screwing with little people who cant fight back and dont have anything to lose that they dont NEED. People are so hypocritical when they complain about government control. They fight for rich men because deep down they think they will someday be rich, and they let the poor man fall in the ditch and sneer at them because at some level they feel that they arent the same. Bad news, people. The big guys arent gonna help you, and the people that would do what they could for you are getting thrown under the bus. Fight the government that's fighting YOU, not the one trying to save your ass from billionaire stupidity.

I agree with your comment

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 HalfDork
3/22/11 7:32 p.m.

The one over on Radford?

Gubby
Gubby Reader
3/22/11 7:45 p.m.

yeah man, those are some good burgers!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WWsbdPYCCLhJjB14PdfWSm0YHana6Ukaa1c1MXxl0uKnwEhBzTAc832iFNu1xQxp