1 2 3
Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
2/5/13 6:21 a.m.
pres589 wrote: In reply to cutter67: Usually what makes wrenching a lot less fun for me is that I find my facility lacking in some way. Current garage would be great if it had real power fed to it so I could run my 220v air compressor (current power goes through an old light switch in the dining room to overhead lines run to the separate garage, so I'm very cautious about how much electrical load I have going out there, never mine 220) and an actually flat floor would be nice, instead of the 6 inch or so drop from one corner to the center. Etc etc. A little heat out there somehow and air tools would go a long way towards cheering me up.

That is it completely. If you are changing a water pump in the middle of January with the garage door open because you need some space up front to work and the car is too long so it's rear is hanging out and it's the only car you have to get to work tomorrow so it absolutely positively has to get done or..........................you have a dedicated work space, other vehicles to drive, nice tools, it's warm with plenty of lighting and you are not rushed. That's what makes the difference between a good wrenching experience and a bad one. That and rust.

Congrats to the OP. I felt good just hearing about your success.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b0pkrdawfgBMNp9CQf1FcjbxBtA4NxOnfmb4aXAodgBijJrx0Msp5qd319rWubvJ