1 2
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/3/10 9:03 p.m.

Just making sure that all of our Challengers have made it home okay. I think I drove through a cloud somewhere north of Ocala. Then I slalomed around an armadillo.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
10/3/10 9:05 p.m.

No problems here, still at the hotel

Pat
Pat Reader
10/3/10 9:13 p.m.

Back at home with the mighty ScAries. We had a long but thankfully uneventful trip back to the DC area.

Much tired...

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
10/3/10 9:17 p.m.

Just walked in. 17 hours 10 minutes. Beeeeeeeeeat.

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
10/3/10 9:18 p.m.

Got into NJ about 9:00 after leaving at 3:30 AM.

Mental note, being on the road at 3:30 AM in Gainesville after a Gators game is a VERY dangerous thing.

evildky
evildky Dork
10/3/10 10:29 p.m.

got in a couple hours ago myself, I passed stan at some point driving his car beind the tow dolley? I guess he doesn't know how that thing is supposed to work?

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
10/3/10 10:39 p.m.

Made it home around 3:30 am this morning. (left the hotel around 3:20 ). Thanks for asking!

Derick Freese
Derick Freese HalfDork
10/3/10 10:46 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: Made it home around 3:30 am this morning. (left the hotel around 3:20 ). Thanks for asking!

And you didn't even have to drive :p

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
10/3/10 10:57 p.m.
Derick Freese wrote:
MrJoshua wrote: Made it home around 3:30 am this morning. (left the hotel around 3:20 ). Thanks for asking!
And you didn't even have to drive :p

Living in the lap of luxury!

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
10/3/10 11:28 p.m.

Made it home in time to watch the Gators get destroyed :( and then go to a local place called "The Barn" woke up this morning not feeling so great but had a great weekend.

ansonivan
ansonivan HalfDork
10/4/10 12:11 a.m.

Just arrived home after a great day on the road, much fun with decorated van. Sleep now.

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
10/4/10 3:16 a.m.

4:15 am home safe and sound

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb HalfDork
10/4/10 6:00 a.m.

I'm the most northern part of the Misfit Toys Crew and I retuned home at 12:00am ... 20.5 hours after leaving the hotel ... I love having driving crews larger than two!!

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
10/4/10 7:55 a.m.

I was one of the last to leave the hotel, and one of the first home. Sorry to rub it in, guys.

Dollraves will be rolling for several more days.

tb
tb Reader
10/4/10 8:09 a.m.

I am taking my time on the return trip since I am driving all 2600 rountrip miles myself... currently just north of south of the border at yet another cracker barrel. :D

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
10/4/10 9:05 a.m.

I'm at work right now. Rigged the pimp-mobile back together and made the trip just fine. Thread to come soon.

dollraves
dollraves Reader
10/4/10 2:28 p.m.

I was worried the GTXxon Valdez wouldn't make it out of the hotel parking lot, but after a few false starts, I hit the road to my brother's place outside of Tallahassee. I cruised along the back roads at lower speeds and still burned over a quart of oil in that 145 miles. Since I'm pressed for time - I'm in a wedding on Sunday (fortunately, not my own) - I parked the GTX at my brother's and stole back the '01 Mazda Protege MP3 I gave him last year. I'm in Alabama visiting the parentals now (since the car managed not to kill me, I didn't want to risk the Wrath of Mom); I'll start the long schlep back to California on Wednesday.

tb
tb Reader
10/6/10 1:07 p.m.

Finally made it home last night through what appears to be endless rain and some interesting detours around the southern portion of our great nation. I thought it might be appropriate to plug in the ipod and sit through 'the Art of Racing in the rain'... good story but driving is slightly more difficult while sobbing like baby...

I am all smiles ; the old 9k survived the trip intact and delivered 34 mpg fully loaded

WilberM3
WilberM3 Reader
10/6/10 1:11 p.m.

we got back monday evening after sleeping 3 hrs in walmart lot somewhere in VA. AWFUL weather, pretty much raining the whole way north of carolinas, but a pretty non-eventful trip.... until the last 25 mins when a trailer tire blew up! thank goodness we had gotten a good spare.

MA$$hole
MA$$hole New Reader
10/6/10 5:27 p.m.

We made it back late Monday evening. And as a shock we had no hiccups with the Suburban on the way home. In fact, by unplugging the 02 sensor we managed a best of 13.6 mpg vs the 9.7 on the way down.

AutoXR
AutoXR Reader
10/6/10 5:49 p.m.

left sunday morning - got back to Canada Monday @ 2:00

stan_d
stan_d Dork
10/6/10 6:22 p.m.

I was driving behind the dolly because the left tire de treaded and was riding on belts. Do you know how difficult it is to get e replacement tire in central GA on a sunday afternoon? ended up driving about 35mi on steel belts. finally got a tire and resumed trip the rest was uneventful.

ss
ss New Reader
10/6/10 6:46 p.m.

still in St Augustine, leaving tomorrow 5am, back in Cleveland by 10ish

dollraves
dollraves Reader
10/10/10 11:31 p.m.

I am finally home in San Jose! Thanks to Chuck (sorry, no idea what your board name is!) for the energy drinks from his sponsor. :D

Now I just need to figure out how to get the GTXxon Valdez back from Florida. In the meantime, my other GTX now needs a rebuild. ;)

And, I have to pick up next year's Challenge car...

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
10/10/10 11:38 p.m.
dollraves wrote: And, I have to pick up next year's Challenge car...

Tee hee hee...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
02r9Yge7v7lbvf1QRwabxKXLFuFX0N3gIqtVHW4uGvDhYOBefHe6NREnoVjSNm6D