1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 43
rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork
9/15/15 8:48 a.m.
oldeskewltoy wrote: Kevin Magnussan to Haas??

No disrespect to Kevin, but I hope not. I think Haas needs a more seasoned driver to help them develop the car. Kevin is a great driver, but I think it needs to be someone like a Button, Massa, Grosjean..... (Assuming they couldn't buy out contracts for Nico).

-Rob

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla HalfDork
9/15/15 4:24 p.m.

McLaren has Button AND Alonso,dunno but I'm not sure how much a seasoned driver is going to help HAAS if this is any indication.

johndej
johndej Reader
9/16/15 11:41 a.m.

Alexander Rossi to have a drive in the Manor for 5 of the last 7 races of the year bumping Roberto Merhi.

"Singapore, Japan, the United States, Mexico and Brazil, with Merhi returning for the rounds in Russia and Abu Dhabi as Rossi completes his GP2 commitments"

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
9/16/15 12:20 p.m.
johndej wrote: Alexander Rossi to have a drive in the manor for 5 of the last 7 races of the year bumping Roberto Merhi. "Singapore, Japan, the United States, Mexico and Brazil, with Merhi returning for the rounds in Russia and Abu Dhabi as Rossi completes his GP2 commitments"

That's good news. Both seats at Manor are pay to play and Merhi was thought to be done earlier in the season. Rossi was >< close with Caterham at a couple of points and again after Biahchi's crash with Marussia as his replacement before they folded for the end of the season. I recall he was in Russia, the next race, with helmet in hand before the team decided to run only one car out of respect to Jules (read, they'd already run out of money)

He will be the first American since Scoot not-so-Speed to race F1, but it now gives me my ultimate nightmare. A brit and an American to race for the same team. Who the hell do I root for?

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/16/15 1:03 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
johndej wrote: Alexander Rossi to have a drive in the manor for 5 of the last 7 races of the year bumping Roberto Merhi. "Singapore, Japan, the United States, Mexico and Brazil, with Merhi returning for the rounds in Russia and Abu Dhabi as Rossi completes his GP2 commitments"
That's good news. Both seats at Manor are pay to play and Merhi was thought to be done earlier in the season. Rossi was >< close with Caterham at a couple of points and again after Biahchi's crash with Marussia as his replacement before they folded for the end of the season. I recall he was in Russia, the next race, with helmet in hand before the team decided to run only one car out of respect to Jules (read, they'd already run out of money) He will be the first American since Scoot not-so-Speed to race F1, but it now gives me my ultimate nightmare. A brit and an American to race for the same team. Who the hell do I root for?

The faster one.

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
9/16/15 1:08 p.m.

I am super happy about Rossi running in F1 especially since Hamilton is dominating. At the same time, 5 races in F1 is probably a full season in Indycar with Ganassi, andretti, maybe even Penske.Regardless he is pursuing his dream and it will be nice to have a American racing, but he doesn't have the support Bianchi or Ricardio had to find a better team or even solidify a ride next year.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
9/16/15 3:42 p.m.

Yes the silly season seems to be over already. The remaining teams to pick drivers seem to be McLaren and smaller teams.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
9/16/15 3:44 p.m.

Did anyone notice if they Boo'd Hamilton at Monza?

I have heard some fans yell what sounds like Lew'

I really dislike this booing trend.

Lancer007
Lancer007 Dork
9/16/15 4:27 p.m.

In reply to Advan046:

I was saying Lew-urns

rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork
9/16/15 4:49 p.m.
Advan046 wrote: Did anyone notice if they Boo'd Hamilton at Monza? I have heard some fans yell what sounds like Lew' I really dislike this booing trend.

There was boo'ing. From from what the announcers said, that's standard for the Monza crowd to boo the winner if they won in anything but a Ferrari.

They cheered for Vettel and Massa.

-Rob

etifosi
etifosi Dork
9/16/15 5:02 p.m.

My wife asked if Hamilton's neck tatoo is Frylock from Aquateen Hunger Force!

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
9/17/15 11:13 a.m.

Yeah Hamilton loves to paint his body probably when he hits 60 years old that wing just maybe more frylock-ess

Colored hair has long been an island thing too.

Hope he wins by at least 30 seconds in Singapore!

Adrian_Thompson
9/17/15 11:36 a.m.
Advan046 wrote: Yes the silly season seems to be over already. The remaining teams to pick drivers seem to be McLaren and smaller teams.

McLaren have told K. Mags that they wont stop him if he finds a ride in another team, that seems to indicate that JB and Fred are staying.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
9/17/15 3:25 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

Could there be Honda pressure for Kobayashi to join? Probably not.

So this may be quite the non-silly season.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UltraDork
9/17/15 3:51 p.m.

Button commits to only McLaren... he wont drive for Haas, and Mags just fell off a bike and broke his hand and to stir the pot a little more... Gros Jeans is now possibly linked to the Haas open seat....

oldsaw
oldsaw UltimaDork
9/17/15 4:07 p.m.
oldeskewltoy wrote: Gros Jeans is now possibly linked to the Haas open seat....

Why the face? The man has seriously upped his game above and beyond his pitiful team. With Renault either buying Lotus or dropping out completely, Haas is starting to look like a wise seat opportunity.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
9/18/15 9:48 a.m.

I fear Renault may just leave all together. The Euro and asian car sales versus benefit of being in F1 may not workout for them.

There may be a lot of pressure on Honda to make more engines available to 1 or more teams.

I really hope Renault will stay and maybe VW will jump into the fray 2017 or so.

I would be really excited for the first developing market team to join. Some Chinese car company or Russian or TATA racing or something. Carlos Slim F1.

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
9/18/15 10:59 a.m.
oldsaw wrote:
oldeskewltoy wrote: Gros Jeans is now possibly linked to the Haas open seat....
Why the face? The man has seriously upped his game above and beyond his pitiful team. With Renault either buying Lotus or dropping out completely, Haas is starting to look like a wise seat opportunity.

Looking better then Mald isn't that hard to do, Lotus still has a Mercedes engine and both drivers continue to make optimistic moves on track and with each other. Hass having Gonzalez and RoGro sounds like a expensive venture.

Adrian_Thompson
9/18/15 11:08 a.m.
trigun7469 wrote: Looking better then Mald isn't that hard to do, Lotus still has a Mercedes engine and both drivers continue to make optimistic moves on track and with each other. Hass having Gonzalez and RoGro sounds like a expensive venture.

You're right, Gonzales would cost a fortune! He last raced F1 in 1960 and died back in 2013. Resurection is costly business!! Guitierrez on the other had brings a boat load of cash from Carlos Slim.

I'm still rooting for JEV, he was very good in Torro Rosso and deserves a shot on merit alone.

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
9/18/15 1:05 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson: LOL you got me....Gutierrez reminds me of the Andrea De Cesaris.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
9/18/15 2:24 p.m.

More VW/RedBull rumours floating around. http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/34297046

I can hear it now, "Riccardo retires, citing electrical issues".

ncjay
ncjay Dork
9/19/15 2:39 p.m.

Vettel takes pole position in Singapore, Ferrari's first pole on a dry track in 5 years. That's a long time. Mercedes is still top dog in the series, but it's nice to see their heels being nipped at. http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.com/formula-one/vettel-ends-mercedes-qualifying-streak/

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
9/19/15 2:54 p.m.

so far the only broadcast I can find for the race in the morning is at 4:30a … I just won't be up for that … so I guess it's just another F1 race I'll miss

and with the problems the Merc's are having, I was really looking forward to it

Hal
Hal SuperDork
9/19/15 2:59 p.m.
wbjones wrote: so far the only broadcast I can find for the race in the morning is at 4:30a … I just won't be up for that … so I guess it's just another F1 race I'll miss

NBCSN 7:30 - 10:00 am Sunday 10/20/15

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
9/19/15 6:29 p.m.

I'll be up at that time looking … but every time I google NBCSN and TV schedule it always says soccer at 8a

thanks

1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
z2w6A5OgIjOj1RVlL5U7cVoTbkT5JBNBI4QSzEhgsCanWElYdum780MsONYnoUIj