1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 43
wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
10/3/15 4:00 p.m.

Pirelli sounds as though they think that Ferrari/MB should be FORCED to sell RB engines …

let um go .. Pirelli included …good riddance

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UltraDork
10/9/15 9:18 a.m.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/motor-racing-ecclestone-says-red-bull-engine-supply-113642999--f1.html

Reuters....... said: Without giving any details, and despite reports that Ferrari had joined Mercedes in refusing to supply their rivals with engines for 2016, the 84-year-old(Bernie....) sounded upbeat at the Russian Grand Prix. "Everything's been sorted out so I wouldn't worry about it," he told reporters. "We don't want them to drop out. I think they have sorted it all out now," added the Briton

So... whom is supplying Red Bull?

Renault/Lotus

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
10/9/15 9:33 a.m.
oldeskewltoy wrote: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/motor-racing-ecclestone-says-red-bull-engine-supply-113642999--f1.html
Reuters....... said: Without giving any details, and despite reports that Ferrari had joined Mercedes in refusing to supply their rivals with engines for 2016, the 84-year-old(Bernie....) sounded upbeat at the Russian Grand Prix. "Everything's been sorted out so I wouldn't worry about it," he told reporters. "We don't want them to drop out. I think they have sorted it all out now," added the Briton
So... whom is supplying Red Bull? Renault/Lotus

I have no idea. I'd love to see them stuck with 2015 spec Renault engines, but my bet is 2015 spec Ferrari engines badges as something else.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/9/15 10:20 a.m.

If that's the case, I totally want to see them badged as FIATs.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
10/9/15 12:14 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: If that's the case, I totally want to see them badged as FIATs.

When did Ferrari last display FIAT on the side of their F1 cars?

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UltraDork
10/9/15 3:46 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: If that's the case, I totally want to see them badged as FIATs.

hmmm... why not(what about) Chrysler???

Keith Tanner
10/9/15 4:42 p.m.

HEMI!

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
10/9/15 4:56 p.m.

2016 Red Bull SRT-6

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla HalfDork
10/9/15 7:35 p.m.
oldeskewltoy wrote:
hmmm... why not(what about) Chrysler???

Jesus isn't reliability enough of a problem without including them?

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/9/15 7:39 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: HEMI!

Plymouth!

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
10/10/15 5:22 a.m.

2016 schedule is out … and as of now there won't be any cross over between the 24 Hours of Le Mans and F1 drivers (they're on the same day, the European GP at Baku) who here could be made to believe this is Bernie having a E36 M3 fit that one of his drivers received all that attention and he didn't get his cut ?

plus of course it makes us (the viewer) make a choice of what we watch

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
10/10/15 7:35 a.m.

In reply to wbjones:

After all of the handwringing- Silverstone is still there. Whew.

Still have the target of making the last two of the long ones- that, and Monaco.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
10/10/15 8:06 a.m.

after all that someone from Silverstone had to say about Bernie/F1 etc … I'm amazed that they're still there

ncjay
ncjay Dork
10/10/15 9:47 a.m.

Rosberg got the pole in Sochi. Sainz crashed hard in practice, but is unhurt. Reports indicate F1 may have new owners before the end of 2015. http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/34460582

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
10/10/15 11:53 a.m.

I wonder if Nico will be leading at the end of lap one? Or turn one?

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
10/10/15 8:16 p.m.
ncjay wrote: Rosberg got the pole in Sochi. Sainz crashed hard in practice, but is unhurt. Reports indicate F1 may have new owners before the end of 2015. http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/34460582

That was an odd end to qualifying. Looks like Lewis made a mistake on one of his late laps, so he brought it in. But instead of putting tires on it, going back out- they parked it. So the whole end to the session was very anti-climactic.

Great for Botas- being on the second row like that!

Alonso's interview has my wife really upset- with him saying that no matter how good the qualifying, he's start at the back- so no reason to work to hard. She adores Fernando, and hates that he's struggling that bad. And was really upset that he has a 35 position penalty for tomorrow.

(Story- we were in Spain in 2005, and walking around out Palma de Mallorca in the evening- when everyone poured outside- kind of had an idea what happened- but she asked- and when she cheered as much as a Spaniard did- they were pretty stunned that she followed F1. Then the 2010 race at Monza was pretty epic for her)

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
10/11/15 4:32 a.m.

so this means she doesn't understand the "taking it easy, because of 35 grid spot penalty" just means he's not stressing the engine/whole car for no purpose thing does she ?

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
10/11/15 7:47 a.m.
wbjones wrote: so this means she doesn't understand the "taking it easy, because of 35 grid spot penalty" just means he's not stressing the engine/whole car for no purpose thing does she ?

LOL- like logic has any place in emotions.

That was an interesting finish to the race where one Finnish driver took out the other. To let Perez take third (that they both passed a few corners before).

Missed the start of the race since we were sleeping.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
10/11/15 7:54 a.m.
alfadriver wrote:
wbjones wrote: so this means she doesn't understand the "taking it easy, because of 35 grid spot penalty" just means he's not stressing the engine/whole car for no purpose thing does she ?
LOL- like logic has any place in emotions. That was an interesting finish to the race where one Finnish driver took out the other. To let Perez take third (that they both passed a few corners before). Missed the start of the race since we were sleeping.

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/11/15 8:45 a.m.

So what's the penalty for spraying Putin with champagne?

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/11/15 9:19 a.m.

In Russia, leader assassinates you.

Good racing mid pack.

Some Hot fin on fin action

Hamilton seals deal.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
10/11/15 5:32 p.m.

Whew, glad my boy Grosjean is OK. Watching now and that crash had me worried for a bit.

Keith Tanner
10/11/15 8:31 p.m.

Big props to Mercedes for the manufacturer championship. There's no question they deserve it.

bentwrench
bentwrench HalfDork
10/11/15 8:43 p.m.

Would Hamilton have sealed the deal if Nico had not been screwed?

Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
10/11/15 8:58 p.m.
bentwrench wrote: Would Hamilton have sealed the deal if Nico had not been screwed?

I think so. Few races ago? Dunno maybe, but right now Hamilton is on a different level than anyone on the track, he has seemed overcome his ego, qualifying, and consistency problems of the past. Seems to be untouchable and it shows.. I think that's the first time I've ever seen him a bit light-hearted in the post race / pre podium room. Usually he's like hat down, head down, or starring out a window.

1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rfWYYEyKsNCVQbmBovb0sfjuabdcDeJnYtPLDyMesi6jXOdkBdq4ZK0TXmacRC24