1 2
Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson SuperDork
1/14/13 8:16 a.m.
nocones wrote:
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Brabham BT46 1978-1979
I like this the most. For quite a while this triangular wide base main hoop had been popular with fsae teams to maximize driver space, impact beam height, and chassis stiffness. Shape wise I think it would be easy enough to build while still being quite unique and attractive.. Power could come from a Subaru H6 for the noise with a 6 speed STI box. And it should be low enough for the engine cover. I like where this is headed

Actualy although it completly ignores my requirement of at least a tenuouse link between the enigne in the car and the engine to be used, this is a great idea. Do the H6 engines take to boost? Is there a path to 300 or 400 hp with those. I don't know why I hadn't considered a Subaru box, especialy after reading the Fubaru thread

Adrian_Thompson
1/14/13 8:19 a.m.

Here's another pic of the BT46 with the radiators built into the front wing. It's only a model, but you can see it.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/14/13 8:26 a.m.

Still looks good but are the only radiators in the front wing? If so you might have cooling problems at street-legal speeds.

Adrian_Thompson
1/14/13 8:30 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: Still looks good but are the only radiators in the front wing? If so you might have cooling problems at street-legal speeds.

This would never be a street car. Track and hillclimb only.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/14/13 9:07 a.m.

One of our FSAE cars had Radiators mounted flat on the floor beside the engine. They each had Fan on them. They got approximately 0 natural flow but Still managed to with the fans help keep the car from overheating. The fans really didn't run that often either. For this kind of build where max performance isn't the number 1 goal I wouldn't worry to much about the added weight of Fans of sufficient size and a big enough alternator to keep them running.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/14/13 9:16 a.m.

Couple things. Pushrod suspension really wouldn't be that complicated so I wouldn't let that chose for you. For a Honda V6, I would consider the J-series. Those things are everywhere (Honda Odyssey, Accord V6, Acura TL, RL, MDX and CL, Saturn Vue, Pilot and Redline) and isn't a bad motor. Some articles on the J-series.

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/htup_1008_j_series_engine_swaps/viewall.html

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/htup_0904_honda_j_series_engine_swap/viewall.html

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1piG83fFv25NmWxfQaySeS9koS68ksSmtIRnESr9sYzbTAUgQcbZEbrqG5T65I2u