Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/13/24 12:44 p.m.
feature_image

While we don’t condone judging a book by its cover, sometimes the cover can paint a pretty clear picture of what’s inside.

Case in point? A track machine with "radical" in its name, a 2024 Radical SR10 XXR.

According to its maker, Radical Motorsport, the SR10 XXR features “more power and torque than has ever before featured in Radical’s SR line-up,” …

Read the rest of the story

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
9/13/24 6:57 p.m.

So having raced a 1000lb 175lb sports racer I predict the Radical will put up some rather amazing lap times.

Our car managed to go faster than some factory hot rods that were on hand at a particular track day; Archer Bros Viper and Factory Callaway Vette to name a couple. 

The car had nowhere near the aero that this Radical does.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/13/24 8:57 p.m.

I wonder how a Caterham 620R compares.  More power per weight (the 620 is horsepower per ton) but the aerodynamics of a barn door.

ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter)
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/15/24 2:19 p.m.

I think the SR10 would annihilate a Caterham. I have the baby Radical (SR1) and it would still probably make short work of a Caterham at most tracks. The SR10 is gobs faster than the SR1 and has a big advantage with power, tires and aero. Once you get to these lap times you're spending most of your lap above 90mph, the aero makes a huge difference. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vAF73xBcJQ7ikCfyT0zEk7iDTU4eYjkunh8eXVz0zqlVbZR0iMSeJHqyQK41uily