1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UberDork
9/13/13 11:45 a.m.

Rotated tires on the Turbo II last weekend and noticed a slight pull to the right on a short test ride. Added air to the front right, which was quite a bit low on air. The problem improved, but the car still does not track straight. I got to looking at the tire and something looked fishy. I compared it to the left side and found that yes, indeed, something is amiss. The right tire exhibits at least a couple degrees of positive camber, while the left is pretty much dead vertical.

I pulled the tire again today and found nothing obviously loose or broken. The bushings are pretty crunchy, and I'm guessing that would be a logical place to start.

The car is driven very rarely, and spends most of its time in the garage. The car has sustained no impacts, and is free of any significant rust.

So, other than a seriously deteriorated control arm bushing, what would make my suspension assume excessive positive camber?

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/13/13 12:06 p.m.

Camber bolts in the strut that are loose.

McTinkerson
McTinkerson New Reader
9/13/13 12:21 p.m.

Failing factory rubber top strut mount?

fidelity101
fidelity101 Dork
9/13/13 12:47 p.m.

check the toe bushing bolt where the rear swing arm/LCA bolts to the sub frame. you get a lot of action by that bolt moving.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/18/13 7:39 a.m.

any updates?

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine HalfDork
9/18/13 8:24 a.m.

Maybe just a radial pull?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
92cYHa2lnmRPmczVkeR1ZgBt8Xta2WhWvgoaDQ7Guz24shS3AH2ghgPLfNsfjLnF