1 2 3 4
InigoMontoya
InigoMontoya Reader
10/2/09 9:09 a.m.

Come and join the other Legacy owners over on http://www.legacygt.com

I happened to know what you got, I have a 2006 GT sedan, and I was looking for a wagon when I settled.

Pick up an accessport for it, you can do that first before anything else.

CAI is actually not recommended on the cars until you get up to the point of doing a turbo upgrade, but if you want a bit more noise then you can remove the main resonator box that is attached to the air box, I took mine off a long time ago, make for a few more nice noises.

Downpipes and uppipes would be the next thing to look at, replace the uppipe asap, the cat in them has been known to come apart and destroy turbos. Plus side is that you spool up about 300 less rpm.

For a catback, there is the X02 on ebay as a popular choice, it is the least expensive one around, most other new ones hover around 700-900 for a replacement aftermarket.

I did a reflash for mine, done on the dyno by a local tuner after I did the uppipe and a shorty downpipe. I am about to replace the shorty downpipe with a full length catted one in the next few weeks, should pick up a touch more HP that way.

Nice score any way you look at it.

PeterAK
PeterAK Dork
10/2/09 1:00 p.m.

And so it starts:

Just ordered a factory option subwoofer from the local Subaru dealership--15% off parts right now made it the same price from the dealer as it would be on eBay, and I'll pick up some oil filters while I'm there.

Tint will be getting done next weekend. Any thoughts on how dark to go? I would like it to be similar to what most SUV's have from the factory. Don't know what % that would be.

InigoMontoya
InigoMontoya Reader
10/2/09 2:59 p.m.

For the tint, if you can find it go with ceramic. I got the metallic type on mine, and with the antenna embedded in the rear window I lost a bunch of signal. Just feedback for you....

PeterAK
PeterAK Dork
10/14/09 9:50 a.m.

Now with tint, and the bike rack was on when I took pics:

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/14/09 10:30 a.m.
mtn wrote:
PeterAK wrote: What has 250 hp, 250 pounds of torque, a huge sunroof, can blast through snow, shock kids in mustangs, and haul groceries like nobody's business?
This makes me think Mercedes Benz ML430, just because of the huge sunroof. But I think its putting out bigger numbers than you suggested. My dad had one, and it did everything mentioned here.

I drove one of these. I think it was a 2001-ish model. Scared the bejeezus out of me the first time i got in it, because i stabbed the gas like i was driving my 80whp celica. HOLY crap that thing moved.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet New Reader
10/14/09 11:24 a.m.

Nice score on that rare wagon! They only made them for about 1/2 of the 2005 model year. I have only seen two of them in all of New England for sale since they came out. Why they didn't make more of these is a mystery. They are badass!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8LpSb0lznfBKKVUy9FDNihhAcmA10PQvSMp4Larl3JbfwP2hOxWtSpfeYwL3qz1L