1 2
Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/6/20 4:38 p.m.

That color looks lighter than the Fiat color. Fiestas come in a nice mint green.

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
8/6/20 8:11 p.m.

Look at some pictures of vintage Vespa scooters. Lots of colors close to what you are looking for. Pistachio is what they call it in some circles.

keithedwards
keithedwards Reader
8/7/20 11:29 a.m.

MINI Cooper had a Silk Green in 2002 and 1/2-way through 2003. It was metallic. Everybody calls it seafoam green. BMW has a version of it about that time, as I have bought touchup paint for my MINI that was a BMW color.

maschinenbau (I live here)
maschinenbau (I live here) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/8/20 12:48 p.m.

Ppg #42150 single stage acrylic enamel mixed up this morning. AKA 1958 Chevy Glen Green. AKA 1958 Chrysler Aztec Turquoise. I think I'm in love heart It's not what I set out to find, but it's so damn perfect. No clear coat, no metallic, no fancy stuff. Just a glossy solid color like they did in the old days.

I found a local PPG paint supplier down the street from me. One of the few "small guys" left in Atlanta. It was incredibly helpful to talk to someone in person about what my goals are, what's within my capabilities and price range. They punched in the single year only color code and mixed me up a half pint. They even sold me the reducer, hardner, and some PPE. He said if it's not right, we can tint the next batch. He also looked at the first picture on this post and picked out another color I might like. If you're interested in painting cars, I highly recommend visiting a local paint supplier. I learned in 15 minutes what I would have still been unsure of after 2 hours of reading forums. Very enlightening.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/20 12:52 p.m.

Damn.  My local guys are dopes so i buy everything online even if it costs more

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
8/8/20 1:01 p.m.

So many nice nice colors in this thread. I love these soft green colors.

That's gonna look so good!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/8/20 4:37 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Ditto. They're just timeless. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2IFdD8OZoKCIMFbIAgRDeUiFhVZiQOhvXKEsxu1dvue0vFpcHc0J0oA2PufDpf7Z