1 2
mr2peak
mr2peak GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/4/21 2:11 a.m.
amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm also on stock 99 twins. Assuming you already have a downpipe, wrapping the downpipe in header wrap helps. if you have the stock pre cat , remove pronto. 
The DEI stuff can be stuck on the existing heat shielding that's on the tunnel over the exhaust. Just need to clean the surface very well so that it sticks. 
The Por15 degreaser is awesome for this. Spray on and agitate with a nylon brush like those they sell for kitchen cleaning. 
https://por15.com/collections/preparation-products/products/cleaner-degreaser

The entire shell was stripped to nothing and repainted by a previous owner. No hint of anything stuck to the shell. Full interior, but no sound deadening added or anything on the firewall at all. ABS delete, V Mount, battery relocated, rear carpet gone, etc. Really happy I don't need to scrape off old crap before sticking on my chosen material.

In reply to STM317 :

lol I guess you are right. I completely forgot I had that in the title haha

amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter)
amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
7/4/21 1:58 p.m.

In reply to mr2peak :

There wasn't much if any sound deadening on the car from the factory.  The jute in the OEM carpet is about all there was for sound deadening.  Well, that and the stock 2 cats and huge muffler. :)

There were some aluminum heat shielding bolted onto the underbody around the exhaust.

HTH...  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
g3EGSu5td96m16CRWbYu38a68fpnvhsKRPfkkmMNKkHZxULy6jntpIeyYPJYkobb