1 2 3
Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/5/22 7:53 p.m.

Does anyone have one or know of one for sale. I'd prefer a 4 door. I6. manual. 

I'd like a driver, not a show car. I'm going to drive it, probably a lot. Something around $10k or less preferably. I don't mind doing a little work but I do not want a basket case or a project. Running and driving are a must. 

Bonus points for a wagon. 

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
2/5/22 8:40 p.m.

Dangit, I had a nice little 4 door in my FB Marketplace watchlist that would have fit the bill perfectly.  Went to grab the link for you and its gone, must have sold today.

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
2/5/22 8:42 p.m.

I should also note there's a guy about 4 miles down the road with a nice little wagon sitting in his yard.  Stopped and talked to him about it once but not really in a buy mode so didnt get that far, but it would probably go if someone rolled up with cash, hasnt moved from its spot in years.  

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/5/22 10:09 p.m.
Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
2/5/22 10:12 p.m.

Buddy of mine just sold his, actually.  Not a wagon, and was on air bags, but other than that hit all the other things on there

edwardh80
edwardh80 Reader
2/6/22 6:55 a.m.

I absolutely adore that vintage of falcon. I also want a three speed column shift for tootling around with the family. One of my regrets is not buying one while I lived in the US. Hopefully we'll be back in a few years so I can indulge. Carry on, following with great interest.

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
2/6/22 8:13 a.m.

Shouldn't be difficult to find a nice one for that price. More doors don't bring the money. Two door sedans can be found in your budget, so a more door should be 3/4 to half the price.

Chris_V
Chris_V UberDork
2/6/22 11:29 a.m.

Got nothing to add other than I have a soft sport for them, having had a couple.

That became:

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
2/6/22 2:13 p.m.

The very first manual transmission I ever drove was my Dad's 1963 Falcon wagon.  It had the 170 c.i. inline 6 and three on the tree.  He bought it new and drove it into the mid-1970's before it was pretty much used up.  Had maybe 140k miles on it.  Needed engine work and rust repair.  It went to the junkyard.

Nothing impressed me about the car, but I think I actually liked it better than the car that replaced it:  A 1976 Ford Pinto Wagon with the 2.3 inline 4 and a 4-speed.  That car was a perfect example of why the U.S. auto industry got its butt handed to it by Japanese and German imports. 

Toyman!
2/6/22 3:32 p.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2 :

I had a 75 Pinto with the same engine and transmission. It was a hoot. It's one of the few cars I regret selling. Sadly they have all been cut up for drag cars around here. 

karplus2
karplus2 GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/6/22 7:14 p.m.

A 63 4-door was my first project car. I didn't really have much desire for them when I got it but it was the cheapest classic car I could find locally at the time. It was a Ford-o-matic 2 speed which was always a bit of a disappointment. I wish I still had it. 

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/6/22 7:39 p.m.

Here is a cold mess.

dirty bird

Toyman!
2/6/22 7:42 p.m.

In reply to Noddaz :

There are a couple like that local to me. I really don't want to rebuild a basket case. 

I'm looking for a runner. 

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/6/22 7:43 p.m.

This one is only a 2 door but looks like a good start.

2 door falcon

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
2/6/22 7:57 p.m.

Oh, man do I love the early falcons.  I'll let you know if I see anything but I'm probably too far away and too deep into rust country to be much help, realistically.  Mostly just posting so I can see where this ends up ;)

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/6/22 8:12 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/6/22 8:13 p.m.
Noddaz said:

This one is only a 2 door but looks like a good start.

2 door falcon

Falcons came with four lug wheels, and those '68-'69 Styled Steel wheels are five bolt, so it's likely had a rear axle and front spindle upgrade at some point.

Trent
Trent PowerDork
2/6/22 9:22 p.m.

I don't really miss mine. It was a fun daily for the 3 or 4 years though. After the fact I realize that the things I thought I liked about it were the reason I also don't miss it. I really wanted to like the 6cyl but it was a disappointment.  I didn't want to put a 302 in there and have a bellybutton car.

The red bench seat just oozed coolness and I would never consider swapping it out, but when I went back to trying to daily it a ton of knee pain returned that I had forgotten was once a problem. The seating position was just not right for me. 

The friend I sold it to narrowed a crown vic front subframe and installed it then started installing a boosted 302 before family stuff stalled the project.  I still see it regularly just sitting in his shop looking sad.

stroker
stroker UberDork
2/6/22 9:29 p.m.
edwardh80
edwardh80 Reader
2/6/22 11:24 p.m.
hobiercr said:

FBM query brings

63 Wagon, Pineville, LA

This wagon looks like a bargain for that price, assuming the floors are ok, even though it's not running. I was considering going to check out this very vehicle but we were close to relocating out of FL so I passed. It had sat on a concrete floor for years so the floors are likely very good (relatively). Not many 260 V8 wagons made at all, this is probably only the 2nd or 3rd I've seen. Please buy it for me wink

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
2/7/22 6:17 a.m.

You missed out on a Falcon Country Squire wagon, not too long ago.  I have never seen one before, and it was in great shape, sold for around $5500.  I can't find where I saved it.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
2/7/22 8:29 a.m.
edwardh80 said:
hobiercr said:

FBM query brings

63 Wagon, Pineville, LA

This wagon looks like a bargain for that price, assuming the floors are ok, even though it's not running. I was considering going to check out this very vehicle but we were close to relocating out of FL so I passed. It had sat on a concrete floor for years so the floors are likely very good (relatively). Not many 260 V8 wagons made at all, this is probably only the 2nd or 3rd I've seen. Please buy it for me wink

That is so cool - should be on top of the list!

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/7/22 10:23 a.m.

A little off-topic, but for years I thought a Falco with a Turbo Coupe swap would be sick. But now I have evil thoughts of a Falcon with a turbo Honda K24.

stukndapast
stukndapast Reader
2/7/22 11:36 a.m.

A little larger, but still a 63, and pretty nice.  Less than $8K three hours out.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1963-ford-fairlane-22/

Toyman!
2/7/22 6:03 p.m.

In reply to stukndapast :

That is nice looking. I may need to expand my search parameters a little.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FeRiRL3PQDXnZPE9dtgiXVerzo1O2xTI6OTckE3IBcUCzaX5XCy5AnfYBxFBolOD