1 2
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
6/3/14 9:32 a.m.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201101351346?forcerRptr=true&item=201101351346&viewitem=

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/3/14 10:01 a.m.

Rollcage, because Firestone tires?

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
6/3/14 10:18 a.m.

watching...

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UltraDork
6/3/14 10:27 a.m.

No pics of the cage?

Tom Suddard
6/3/14 10:28 a.m.

Lots of cage pics on the listing.

ArthurDent
ArthurDent HalfDork
6/3/14 10:28 a.m.

Nice shock mounts!

Tom Suddard
6/3/14 10:31 a.m.

Here's a bad idea to kick off the bidding:

coldaudio
coldaudio New Reader
6/3/14 12:08 p.m.

I love this thing, and am currently the high bidder, and really want to drive it back to Colorado

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/3/14 12:12 p.m.

Somebody needs to combine this with the powertrain from my wrecked Explorer

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition Dork
6/3/14 12:15 p.m.

I love a description that talks like a weight waiver from LeMons is a good thing!

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
6/3/14 12:36 p.m.

Seat width?

Tom Suddard
6/3/14 12:44 p.m.

It's sized for a 17" wide bottom. So fairly large.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
6/3/14 12:53 p.m.

It needs to come with a free $2014 challenge entry and cost cap waiver too. If it weren't that I'm going to be gone for most of the next month, have no use for it, am trying to buy another house and my wife would kill me, I'd be bidding on it.

Tom Suddard
6/3/14 12:54 p.m.

Done. It comes with a free $2014 Challenge entry.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
6/3/14 1:17 p.m.

Hey shiny happy people - stop bidding on the Atlanta Region GangBang RallyX car!

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
6/3/14 1:30 p.m.
coldaudio wrote: I love this thing, and am currently the high bidder, and really want to drive it back to Colorado

Attempting to drive it to Colorado would not be a good idea. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it......but it would be totally foolish. That said.....sometimes foolish is fun.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
6/3/14 1:38 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: Attempting to drive it to Colorado would not be a good idea. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it......but it would be totally foolish. That said.....sometimes foolish is fun.

PA is closer.

Any chance someone can plug a code reader in for the CEL?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/3/14 1:40 p.m.
ArthurDent wrote: Nice shock mounts!

I'm told that the shock bolts are on their way.

Tom Suddard
6/3/14 1:41 p.m.

Sorry, but we can't really move it (it isn't registered) and don't have the time to fix whatever is causing it. I can say that it runs and drives fine, though. I'd drive it to Colorado tomorrow if it had better tires.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
6/3/14 1:46 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard:

I kinda understand, but 5 min pulling the and posting the codes might ease some potential bidders' minds and increase the final price. Would be less of an unknown. Wouldn't expect you to fix whatever is causing the code.

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
6/3/14 1:47 p.m.

I like how the back tires look underinflated, which is a likely cause for the whole Firestone / Explorer fiasco.

Tom Suddard
6/3/14 1:55 p.m.
Ian F wrote: In reply to Tom Suddard: I kinda understand, but 5 min pulling the and posting the codes might ease some potential bidders' minds and increase the final price. Would be less of an unknown. Wouldn't expect you to fix whatever is causing the code.

Fair enough, I just spent a few minutes rooting around in the back for the code reader, and didn't have any luck finding it. If you or anyone else would like to bring one by, I'd be happy to let you or them read the codes on it. Sorry guys.

Tom Suddard
6/3/14 1:56 p.m.
dculberson wrote: I like how the back tires look underinflated, which is a likely cause for the whole Firestone / Explorer fiasco.

We want to make sure the buyer has an authentic experience.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
6/3/14 2:00 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard:

At first I was going to say, "how many cars in the fleet and you guys don't have a code reader?"... and then I remembered FL doesn't really have emissions inspections, so you wouldn't have a need for one like we do in PA. Pretty much anyone with a spark plug socket in PA has a code reader.

Tom Suddard
6/3/14 2:05 p.m.

Yeah, it's weird. There's no emissions or safety inspections here, and many of our project cars don't have OBD 2 ports, anyway. The sunshine state does have its perks.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
d3yFdre2Wbb5M0NetqLC6ZSDtLcpp2wfyhLi5loEqlEdFiGsY7cdm344mgcicMXL