snibborddot
snibborddot New Reader
7/9/08 9:09 p.m.

So a while back , maybe a month ago a guy posted about Ford Mavericks . I have done a little research on them . Lots of them used for drag racing but very little on any other performance uses . Seems like there was a lot of them used as circle track racers too . I have only found one item on them as roadracing cars . Does anyone know if they were ever used in anything other than IMSA Champion Spark Plug Challenge races in the early 1970's . Like maybe Trans Am or A-Sedan or B-Production ? These seem like an overlooked source as a descent platform . Or am I missing something ? Same as Mustang and Falcon or not ?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/9/08 11:33 p.m.

I remember a British Racing Green one that ran at Bridgehampton. I'm thinking it was an EMRA event. Looked cool.

Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
7/9/08 11:55 p.m.

Front suspension is essentially early mustang and falcon parts. Not the most high tech but it gets the job done. Plus side is lots of people like early mustangs and like making performance parts for them. The availability makes working on my 68' fairlane easier too.

signal20
signal20 None
7/10/08 7:33 a.m.

http://mmb.maverick.to/index.php?

Try this web site. All the info you need is here.

neon4891
neon4891 HalfDork
7/10/08 9:41 a.m.
Nitroracer wrote: Front suspension is essentially early mustang and falcon parts. Not the most high tech but it gets the job done. Plus side is lots of people like early mustangs and like making performance parts for them. The availability makes working on my 68' fairlane easier too.

+1, IIRC, same platform as the early mustang, go for it man

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/10/08 9:43 a.m.
signal20 wrote: http://mmb.maverick.to/index.php? Try this web site. All the info you need is here.

Funny rednecks think that it is stupid that the GLH lifts its rear wheel whenever it gets near a cone!

JFX001
JFX001 HalfDork
7/10/08 10:26 a.m.

Check out:

www.fordmaverick.com

Cool site with Maverick Owners from around the World.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aT0md7vCJq1awKKG8tgNFcKCmeWJ5NHZUSYXV3fAshBx54UNR00ds4NKJYlQDSi0