1 2
deaconblue
deaconblue Reader
9/17/24 3:23 p.m.
Puddy46 said:

In reply to deaconblue :

Or a house.

Exactly!!  But now we are both being way too practical.

Coniglio Rampante
Coniglio Rampante Reader
9/17/24 3:41 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

I have a friend who owns a McLaren that sees regular track use (and no it's not Andy Hollis) who is interested in the GTD. Unfortuantely he has no Ford history so he was rejected. When a mutual friend at Ford reached out for a GTD engineer to see if he could get an allocation, the question was "has he purchased all the shirts and all the swag?"

So if you want one, you have to show enthusiasm by buying branded GTD stuff :) Like a white t-shirt with a single color silk screened logo for $80.

Damn.  I was all set to pull the trigger on a $325K car, but that "mandatory" $80 t-shirt is just a financial bridge too far.  Ford, you just lost a sale. angry
wink

STM317
STM317 PowerDork
9/17/24 8:15 p.m.
350z247 said:

In reply to brandonsmash :

It would likely make a noticeable difference in tighter corners, especially with torque vectoring being possible.

Regen braking capability too.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/17/24 8:50 p.m.

They have come a long way from 1983 Mustang GT with the TRX wheels and 175 HP

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
9/18/24 9:09 a.m.

I find it interesting that Ford seems to be targeting the Porsche 911 GT3 RS. The Porsche starts at a much lower price. The question is if the Ford Mustang GTD does beat the Nurburgring time of the 911 GT3 RS, is the time difference enough motivation to spend the extra dollars for one? Then again, most people buying the Mustang GTD might be Ford/Mustang fans, as alluded to earlier in this thread, so it might not matter.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
9/18/24 10:08 a.m.

I'm just as much perplexed by this as most of you. Yea it seems really cool but at the end of the day it's just another Mustang to most people. 

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/18/24 10:18 a.m.

It's the ultimate case of "No matter how fast you make a Civic, it's still a Civic." Of course the Porsche has more impressive technical specs, but so did the 330P in 1966. Apples and Oranges. I can think of several good reasons to make the Ford:

-Bragging rights and the publicity that goes with it.

-This world has no lack of rich people to buy them up

-Cool cars make the world a better place. 

Coniglio Rampante
Coniglio Rampante Reader
9/18/24 10:19 a.m.
J.A. Ackley said:

....The question is if the Ford Mustang GTD does beat the Nurburgring time of the 911 GT3 RS, is the time difference enough motivation to spend the extra dollars for one? ....

Consumers can spend a lot of money because of the perceived value of a Nurburgring time set by a factory pro driver.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
azKYkgkBgDtsjPUBPv6obD21JvcEJe9vmUK4mAtals50M5gFzrP33m1NZC6EirYz