1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 62
gixxeropa
gixxeropa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/9/24 4:01 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

With 12 laps of actual racing, surely softs would make more sense?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/9/24 4:02 p.m.

The conversation in the green room is good. 

gixxeropa
gixxeropa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/9/24 4:02 p.m.

But don't let my conspiracy talk distract from the Perez disasterclass this weekend. 2 more years! 

Keith Tanner
6/9/24 4:03 p.m.
gixxeropa said:

In reply to Keith Tanner :

With 12 laps of actual racing, surely softs would make more sense?

Apparently not. Nobody ran softs at any point during the race. Must have just been the wrong tire. 

Keith Tanner
6/9/24 4:09 p.m.

When's the last time Max was passed for position on-track? It's been a long time if you don't count that brake problem a few races ago. 

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
6/9/24 4:21 p.m.

It was an interesting race.  Sure Verstappen won again but he had to work for it.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/9/24 5:41 p.m.

Insanely good race. Was on the edge of my seat, even during safety car. Well fought by so many drivers today.

MiniDave
MiniDave HalfDork
6/9/24 5:48 p.m.

They said the softs were graining badly and the hard was supposed to be the right tire.

Good race, Max had to work for it but he definitely earned it IMHO.

Ferrari had the worst weekend in 5 years.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
6/9/24 6:13 p.m.

The hards were better for about 3 laps. Then the graining cleared. 

Keith Tanner
6/9/24 7:04 p.m.
Tom1200 said:

It was an interesting race.  Sure Verstappen won again but he had to work for it.

I would have liked to see him have to pass Lando for the lead. That reshuffling under safety car put Max out front and he just had to not be slower than P2 at that point. Before the safety car, Lando had his number. 

newold_m (Forum Supporter)
newold_m (Forum Supporter) Reader
6/9/24 7:55 p.m.

Sounds like this was one of the better races of the year, unfortunately YouTube TV dropped the ball on recording. It would not let me rewind while it was live, said it will start recording at 4pm PST in ESPNU. Waited till 4 avoiding all news so I can watch it from the beginning, only to see a random collage baseball game instead with the race winner announced at the bottom of the screen sigh...

jmabarone
jmabarone HalfDork
6/10/24 8:04 a.m.

Really getting annoyed with ESPN's app.  Replay is shows on channels the account has access to but only shows on ESPN+ when you go to replay.  

What happened to Leclerc?  Highlights missed it.  

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/10/24 8:07 a.m.

He went out on slicks at the wrong time.  They came back in to put on intermediates.  I think he did a couple of laps and just retired the car.

Keith Tanner
6/10/24 9:55 a.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Engine was sick too. I think they were using him to test for Sainz because they knoew he couldn't compete. 

MiniDave
MiniDave HalfDork
6/10/24 12:31 p.m.

It was fun watching the two HAAS cars climbing thru the field in the early going on their short lived blue stripe wets! Too bad they couldn't get their strategy right for the rest of the race - they coulda been contenda's!

glyn ellis
glyn ellis Reader
6/10/24 1:03 p.m.
jmabarone said:

Really getting annoyed with ESPN's app.  Replay is shows on channels the account has access to but only shows on ESPN+ when you go to replay.  

Due to the usual ESPN "we'd like to show you someone bouncing a ball as it's more exciting" issues, I subscribed to the F1TV app this year. Fully recommend it

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
6/10/24 2:04 p.m.

In reply to glyn ellis :

I would second F1TV for reliable services (doesn't work well on roku for some reason) and better commentators, I guess I missed out on JV though laugh 

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/10/24 7:36 p.m.
MiniDave said:

It was fun watching the two HAAS cars climbing thru the field in the early going on their short lived blue stripe wets! Too bad they couldn't get their strategy right for the rest of the race - they coulda been contenda's!

Strategy wasn't terrible but K Mags pit stop totally was. They have had the most issues which timely stops.

Advan046
Advan046 UberDork
6/11/24 8:36 a.m.

Saw race replay. 

Sad for Albon and Williams should still be ahead of Alpine. 

Sad for Tsunoda but he made a mistake. Still deserves a better drive. I would have chosen him over Alonso for Aston Martin Honda. 

McLaren dropped the ball and realized it before the end of the race. But can leave knowing they have a serious car that can win with good strategy.

Ferrari ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaa. Damn that was so bad the team should just laugh party and move on...

MB - just going to keep my eyes on them but no hope raised yet. 

Advan046
Advan046 UberDork
6/11/24 8:50 a.m.
glyn ellis said:
jmabarone said:

Due to the usual ESPN "we'd like to show you someone bouncing a ball as it's more exciting" issues, I subscribed to the F1TV app this year. Fully recommend it

I had F1TV last season and it is worth the money. But I don't enjoy F1 like I did before Abu Dhabi 2021. Plus I realized we had a membership to something that included perks and they added streaming perks that gave us ESPN+ anyhow. So just watch via that now. 

F1TV had its hiccups too when it refused to believe I was still in the USA after crossing time zones. Had to uninstall the app. I do prefer how F1TV better hides spoiler links titles for a day or so after the race. 

batchman
batchman New Reader
6/11/24 11:42 a.m.
trigun7469 said:

In reply to glyn ellis :

I would second F1TV for reliable services (doesn't work well on roku for some reason) and better commentators, I guess I missed out on JV though laugh 

We use F1TV for backup when ESPN blows at least one session per race - not posted, ESPN+ only, sound drop etc.  We usually prefer the Sky commentators though, so in the F1 app pressing "OK" or whatever similar main button you have will get a menu for choosing an in-car, or up at the top, International Feed (in other words, Sky F1).   Caveat, may not start at the same time as official F1.  Works fine on our Roku and also on a GoogleTV.  Generally prefer ESPN for 5.1 audio, although that system is down ATM :( so can't tell if F1 passes that through.

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
6/11/24 12:29 p.m.

I forgot to add Villeneuve is a Putz with a short memory.

Keith Tanner
6/11/24 12:46 p.m.

In reply to Tom1200 :

What he said wasn't really wrong though.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
6/11/24 12:47 p.m.

In reply to Advan046 :

Yuki over Alonso is a bold move lol.

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/11/24 12:48 p.m.
Advan046 said:

Ferrari ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaa. Damn that was so bad the team should just laugh party and move on...

According to their weekly email that came out , that's what's happening. Lol

1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 62

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1BTPCEvGFpb1VVmtGM0twKZqCIlmJHJo7OEGsI5UqhDJ4NYgJPyGB3SEt4YBq1Lx