1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 62
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/23/24 6:02 p.m.

In reply to kevlarcorolla :

You're this close to proposing Ecclestone's idea of sprinklers :)

George's move at the first corner was delicious. There was very little room but he made it work. And he and Lando tussling around lap 36 was great. 

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
6/23/24 6:15 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Lol,yeah lets do those too.

Yes this race had some very good racing sprinkled thru it for sure....much of it due to having more then 1 stop.

Think of the action 2 or 3 more stops would've created ;)

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
6/23/24 6:51 p.m.

In reply to kevlarcorolla :

Once upon a time there were no pit stops and you had to make tires last to the end.

We act as if nursing tires to the end is new.

This makes the 48th season I've followed F1 and during that time they've tried all sorts of things to tighten up the racing.  There is never a guarantee that these things make the racing better......some do some don't.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
6/23/24 7:04 p.m.

In reply to Tom1200 :

Agreed,also doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is umm yeah never mind.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/23/24 8:14 p.m.

Off topic, but not completely.  Has anyone watched Jelle's Marbula One races on YouTube?

Oddly compelling.

MiniDave
MiniDave HalfDork
6/24/24 1:29 p.m.

I think the tire managing point is valid - the proof is when Max went for the lead, he absolutely powered thru, pulled a gap, then went back into cruise mode again. It would be great fun to see all the drivers attacking like that for the whole race, but that goes against all the current F1 mandates of making engines and gearboxes last the whole season......and the time cost in pitting for new tires even with 2 sec stops.

However there is now less than a second between the top runners and what used to be called backmarkers. Remember the old 107% rule? Completely unnecessary now...... 

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
6/24/24 2:16 p.m.

I am wondering how quickly Flavio goes from advisor to CEO at Alpine laugh Carlos should be careful, Flavio is a true scumbag, but the dude can land the big fish.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
6/24/24 3:08 p.m.

Youtube showed me a womens short track speed skating video that was funny and sort of relevent.

At the pistol one girl went hammer down while the rest cruised,she caught the pack in a couple laps then just cruised along with them.

When it was near the end and go time she went with them crossing the line last or close to it....and collected the win in the process ;)

Advan046
Advan046 UberDork
6/25/24 10:21 a.m.

So I am surprised that Alpine has recorded their second double points finish. I wonder if they improved or if Aston and RB dropped the ball on their upgrades. 

Probably both. 

Norris had what looked like a fun race if he wasn't so down about coming 2nd. 

MB seems to have found a slight glimmer of hope to actually challenge Ferrari in the constructors. Oddly RBR seem to have some luck despite Perez falling off, Ferrari/McLaren/MB are now sharing points such that neither of them are surpassing RBR yet. 

Formula Academy was fun to see GO Chambers!!! Watching Pin recover in race 1 was fun. She has such good racecraft. Chambers does to and hopefully can keep her qualifying speed up. 

johndej
johndej UltraDork
6/27/24 11:22 a.m.

Gasley (2025) and Stroll (2026) both extend contract with current teams 

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
6/28/24 5:09 p.m.

Stroll out qualifys Alonso again.

Bring on a sprint weekend,can an orange car break Max's hold on the RB Ring?....which one?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/28/24 6:16 p.m.

Max is awfully strong at the RB Ring, and I'll bet the team is willing to take a little extra powertrain damage to ensure they get a win at home. I would not want to bet against him this weekend.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
6/28/24 6:23 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Me either but I can dream ;)

Cyclone03
Cyclone03 New Reader
6/28/24 10:17 p.m.
NY Nick said:

In reply to MiniDave :

After 2 seasons you have to let Adrian go to the second place team...

I kid, I kid

I know it's old....

im not kidding.

Adrian goes to the LAST place team!

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
6/29/24 10:31 a.m.

Damn it,looked promising for about 5 minutes :)

At least with a sprint weekend there's another chance coming up.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/29/24 11:58 a.m.

Yes, the first few laps were pretty entertaining.

Race quali was nuts tight.  Too bad Piastri went ob.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
6/29/24 6:35 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

Yes it sucked to see him lose that lap.

markvince
markvince New Reader
6/30/24 6:42 a.m.

I don't think anyone would be able to catch Max and Lando in today's race but I expect a great battle for the third place between Mercedes and Ferrari.

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/30/24 10:20 a.m.

Gloves are off! Nice to see someone race Max like Max races everyone else

johndej
johndej UltraDork
6/30/24 10:23 a.m.

In reply to adam525i :

And they crash, good to see gloves off but you could see they were gonna wreck each other a mile away.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/30/24 10:26 a.m.

Mad Max has returned devil

adam525i
6/30/24 10:26 a.m.

Somehow after all of that Max is still 20 seconds ahead of his useless teammate. 

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
6/30/24 10:31 a.m.

And after 2.5 yrs we see Max still races the same......

Poor Lando,10 second penalty for Max is nothing compared to the mess he caused for Lando.

adam525i
6/30/24 10:31 a.m.

I hope Lando has a helicopter waiting to get him out of there, lots of orange there not for him lol

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) MegaDork
6/30/24 10:34 a.m.

They just commented on Max reverting to the old Max with razor blades on his elbows.

1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 62

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EBF8bLZQM58czqRXTdLVZ5jH3HpsQpHFGZ8yQtAkn2wABSEUFj3GZ1N3vWN0bfZ8