1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 62
alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
6/30/24 9:26 p.m.

In reply to kevlarcorolla :

Of course. If Lando just let lord max win when he was slower, none of this would have happened. It can't be maxs fault that he turned into Lando when the pass attempt was on the outside. Had no choice but to drive into him. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
6/30/24 9:26 p.m.

Of course. If Lando just let lord max win when he was slower, none of this would have happened. It can't be maxs fault that he turned into Lando when the pass attempt was on the outside. Had no choice but to drive into him. 

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
6/30/24 10:26 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

Between Jos being a douch and lifelong coach along with Horner,Marko and even Max's race engineer all telling Max he can do and did no wrong its no wonder Max is what he is.

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
6/30/24 10:59 p.m.

Has anybody mentioned how Max's car was clearly broken and he tried to prevent lando from passing him? Sounds like what Michael did to Damon one time

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
6/30/24 11:06 p.m.

My issue with the way Verstappen drives is that it's so unnecessary.

A driver of his talent has plenty in hand i.e. drive the car 100% and work out the strategy on the fly. 

He wasn't going to win today and given the points lead; this was a guy in his first season of karting level stupidity.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
6/30/24 11:12 p.m.

In reply to Tom1200 :

Roger that!

Advan046
Advan046 UberDork
7/1/24 12:42 a.m.

Ugh I try to give Max some benefit of the doubt that he was learning and desperate during his battles with Lewis. He just showed everyone that he is dangerous and a spoiled brat. 

I could see that Max moved under breaking and likely caused Norris to run wide BEFORE the radio messages were broadcast. I have been in a race where that happened to me. I made what I thought was the slightest steering input but when committed on the brakes that is enough to make you look like you are out of control. 

Lando made clean moves into turn 3 then Min just makes a mistake and moves in the braking zone one more time but hits Norris this time. Then the spoiled brat road rager comes out as he tries to  block Norris from passing his damaged car by running him off the track!!!? Really. Should have gotten 10 seconds and 10 points on his license. Exclusion should have been discussed. Like the halo, maybe the FIA and F1 won't implement the "Verstoppen rule" until someone gets hurt. 

I will say that the McLaren seems to have much better braking into turn 3 for Piastri and Norris. 

I know Lewis is sad and slightly relieved to know Max wasn't just out to kill him. 

Advan046
Advan046 UberDork
7/1/24 12:47 a.m.
Tom1200 said:

My issue with the way Verstappen drives is that it's so unnecessary.

A driver of his talent has plenty in hand i.e. drive the car 100% and work out the strategy on the fly. 

He wasn't going to win today and given the points lead; this was a guy in his first season of karting level stupidity.

See I have been trying to think he is that good. But he keeps showing me he isn't as high caliber as race car driver to have earned that respect. People trash Ocon but I guess if he was winning championships, would people all of a sudden say he is the greatest despite the nastiness?

Advan046
Advan046 UberDork
7/1/24 1:02 a.m.

In reply to MiniDave :

Yes HAAS is just quietly collecting points. It was an interesting race for both of them. Rather high stress for the team but the driver's made it through. 

Same for Alpine. Such aggressive driving between teammates but they survived.

Sainz had sort of an unseen but important race. He kept his Ferrari in with a chance all race and it paid off. 

It was interesting how much lapped traffic came into play. 

It is interesting to see so many teams with a chance to do well at each race the last month. 

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
7/1/24 7:51 a.m.

Max and Lando situation yesterday is really no different of a situation of Schumi Vs. Damon and Schumi Vs. JV, Hamiltion vs. Nico, Hamilton Vs. Vettel, ect... I was wondering when aggression was going to happen upfront, it was 2 years in the making but I thought it was going to be Charles vs. Max. To me Max had nothing to gain from this, he has a huge lead by 81 points. RB car is still a fast car and has great race pace.  Ferrari is the nearest in the constructor points, McLaren winning just heats up the battle between those 2.  Even after the shemozzle Max still scored points, he can probably do a JB 2009 and not win another race and still take the championship, however I think his ego is to big for that. I imagine that Checo is going to rebound and start being the wing man that he was paid to be, maybe after the break.

Ocon must have a lock tight contract, I would think there is plenty to fire him over. Maybe Briatore has some sort of crashgate plan for him this year.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
7/1/24 8:39 a.m.

In reply to trigun7469 :

Ocon is gone after this season....

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
7/1/24 9:37 a.m.
alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
7/1/24 10:25 a.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

The takeaway from that is that Lando isn't going to back down to max or Horner. Which will be interesting to see if max crashes out enough times to loses lots and lots of points. 

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
7/1/24 11:02 a.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

Lets hope Lando continues to not back down,imo that was the main problem with Lewis....Max flexed and Lewis flinched more often then not and the stewarts let it go.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/1/24 11:21 a.m.

I don't think Lewis flinched much in 2021. The years before that when Max wasn't a big threat, sure. But when the title was on the line, Lewis fought back. The stewards weren't really interested in hobbling Max that year, though - that didn't suit the desired outcome.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
7/1/24 1:01 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

There were more then a few times when max lunged and Lewis turned away to avoid to collision.

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/1/24 3:26 p.m.

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
7/1/24 3:45 p.m.

In reply to crankwalk (Forum Supporter) :

now that's funny.

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
7/1/24 4:14 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

I don't think Lewis flinched much in 2021. The years before that when Max wasn't a big threat, sure. But when the title was on the line, Lewis fought back. The stewards weren't really interested in hobbling Max that year, though - that didn't suit the desired outcome.

There was an interview with Lewis in 2021 where he said that he had lost too many points to Max and he had to stop giving way when Max would dive bomb or try to shove him off the track. Shortly after that Silverstone happened. The part that really bothers me is the hypocrisy.  How Max (and Christian, for that matter) are totally ok with certain behavior when Max does it but are the first to cry foul when another driver does the exact same thing towards them.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
7/1/24 4:39 p.m.

The thing the orange army doesn't understand about silverstone is the ONLY reason that happened in the 1st place was a direct result of Max running Lewis at a concrete wall at 160 mph and comprimising both their entries into copse.

Btw why is it ok to crowd another car towards concrete walls/armco/grass on a straight?

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/1/24 8:33 p.m.
kevlarcorolla said:

The thing the orange army doesn't understand about silverstone is the ONLY reason that happened in the 1st place was a direct result of Max running Lewis at a concrete wall at 160 mph and comprimising both their entries into copse.

Btw why is it ok to crowd another car towards concrete walls/armco/grass on a straight?

No idea.  If you did that E36 M3 in a non professional race, id be in your pits.  So would the rest of my team.

It's not okay in rental karts, not sure why the f1 rules make it okay.

Give racing room.  Don't go off the track. If you make contact due to movement, that's your fault.  This E36 M3 ain't hard.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
7/1/24 9:37 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Anyone that's raced with me  knows I'll race you very hard but clean and if I touch you I'll be the 1st to meet them in their pits to apologize.

But if you start getting goofy with me you'll get it back untill it ends.

markvince
markvince New Reader
7/2/24 8:12 a.m.

Let's have some fun after a dramatic Austrian GP that had almost everything.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
7/2/24 9:20 a.m.

Haha,young Max and Charles voice over.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/2/24 10:32 a.m.

I liked how Lando, after the original contact, stuffed his front wing in Max's rear tire, just for good measure.

You ain't getting away with this...

1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 62

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Mb4KszBWlGHdOtoArmDeyZy5J27jkmsBI3tpnGSqAcFAGnvgM95Wf6omesYLi98x