1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 62
loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
2/4/24 10:33 a.m.

Now that we have cost cap rules, do we really need all the cost cutting limits that have been introduced over the years? Example: the limits on the number of engines used or the limit on gear ratios in the gearbox or even all the regs over engine capacity and layout?

Advan046
Advan046 UberDork
2/4/24 8:49 p.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

I understand that the car part qty limits support a sport environment where more people have jobs versus if the rule was removed.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
2/7/24 10:38 p.m.

Nobody is talking about the Christian Horner situation? He's been accused of inappropriate behavior with a female staff member and he's been advised to resign from Red Bull. He denies the charges. I can't stand him but if he's innocent, I hope he can prove it and if he's not innocent, I hope the punishment fits the crime. I would be thrilled to see the whole Red Bull 2024 season in disarray over this but that's probably wishful thinking, Max is still going to win everything. 

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/7/24 11:18 p.m.

I'm holding any comments until there is real news. For all the headlines there seems to be almost no real info. He is far from my favorite team principal but I want to let the process play out before I formulate an opinion.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
2/8/24 7:59 a.m.

I had heard about the accusation, but not the advice to resign.  We will see where this goes.  I, too, don't like to speculate and let Red Bull deal with it.  We had a handful of directors forced to resign at F and more than one person told me how mad they were that they were forced to go- kind of assuming that it was just an accusation without an investigation.  Which I always mentioned that they likely had one just because they all had connections in high places to put them there- so IF the accusations were false, they would have stayed.  Meaning there was an investigation and conclusions.  Just let it happen and see what the results are.

edit- wanted to add one thing- I just clicked some U ot T clickbait claiming that there is some kind of resolution.  There is not until allegedly Friday.  Don't bother with the clickbait- it's all speculation.  Like him or not, it's not useful info.  Let Red Bull deal with it.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
2/8/24 8:40 a.m.

Seems odd if RB is suggesting he retire before reaching a conclusion,almost like there is previous internal pressure for him to go.

gixxeropa
gixxeropa GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/8/24 9:27 a.m.

I've never had particularly strong feelings about Horner one way or the other, but him getting replaced would definitely lead to a more exciting couple of seasons before the 2026 regulations change

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf Dork
2/8/24 10:58 a.m.

I heard that Guenther Steiner is available.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
2/8/24 3:45 p.m.

In reply to L5wolvesf :

I would love to watch him tell Jos where to go :)

MiniDave
MiniDave HalfDork
2/8/24 4:04 p.m.

I read that the Horner issue was not one of a sexual nature, but something to do with management style.....how he interacted with the employee. That's all I've read so far......

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/8/24 4:58 p.m.

How do we start a write-in campaign to get Gunther to Red Bull?

triumph7
triumph7 HalfDork
2/8/24 5:02 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Oh God NO!!!!! 

accordionfolder
accordionfolder UltraDork
2/8/24 5:21 p.m.
triumph7 said:
Keith Tanner said:

Oh God NO!!!!! 

Oh God YES!!!! ;) 

I mean, think how funny that would be? Imagine Max and G-man squaring off. 

G: "You EF SMASH MY DOOR!?"

M: "wat."

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf Dork
2/8/24 5:26 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Start by telling RB that those of us who are not fond of RB and that kid will become less unfond. But only if GS were to be hired - long term.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
2/16/24 10:16 p.m.

We need to go back to 1988 sizes, am I right?

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
2/17/24 7:22 a.m.

Is it just me or does it look like Red Bull is trolling Mercedes by copying "failed" design elements that Mercedes has dropped? It's like they have some secret suspension or floor design that is the real reason for all their speed and the body shape has very little to do with it

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/17/24 9:33 a.m.

because when you've got Horner money...

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/21/24 8:10 a.m.

Cars are back on track today (right now) through Friday for testing. 

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
2/21/24 9:11 a.m.

Apprently Lando is not having a good day and his car is utterly dissasembled...

NY Nick
2/21/24 9:30 a.m.

I am feeling very worried that we are going to have a repeat of last year. Admittedly not a Max fan but I don't want to see any driver that dominate. As a fan I either want to see an inter team battle or a few manufacturers that can compete for a win. Another year of watching max win by 20 seconds will suck. 

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/21/24 10:43 a.m.

Max goes 1.1 seconds faster than the rest of the field.

On an unrelated note, the Indycar season starts March 10 at St. Pete. laugh

Keith Tanner
2/21/24 10:57 a.m.

This is just testing. Max likes to get out there and put his name on the top of the leaderboard, but a more deliberate testing regime won't just be banging off qualifying laps. During the Mercedes domination years, they were very rarely the fastest in practice. That's what I'm hoping, anyhow :) 

The VCARB team seems to have dipped their car in flow-viz paint. It's got a real 80s feel.

NY Nick
2/21/24 11:01 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

We can hope that people are sandbagging. The fact that he has run 2X the laps of everyone except for George is a little concerning too. The car looked incredibly stable whenever they showed it. I am as scared for the field as I was hopeful 2 years ago when Merc came out with the zero side pod. I figured a new disruptive design by very talented people was a sure winner. The RB looks as radical as that Merc, but this one looks to work. 

I guess we will see in a couple weeks. 

Keith Tanner
2/21/24 11:27 a.m.

Testing isn't always sandbagging :) Although it's quite possible RB is out there to play mind games.

Vowles had some interesting stuff to say on how Hamilton drove in practice - he was experimenting: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.hes-like-an-octopus-vowles-names-most-naturally-talented-driver-he-has.6N1CYl9PY5ItK8yjz8KlNW.html. I need to set aside an hour to listen to that whole interview.

MiniDave
MiniDave HalfDork
2/21/24 1:24 p.m.

In reply to NY Nick :

That pylon pic looks pretty much like every one last season, doesn't it?

1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 62

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
L7HjkVWeBgguMxJsxxPBqBEC2P7zHIxOTEwiEU39vM18boowZWZ6GWk2cl5L5REJ