m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/13/13 9:36 a.m.

Fiat X1/9 with a turbo Alfa V6!

Dallara style body modifications and WIDE wheels

McTinkerson
McTinkerson New Reader
2/13/13 9:45 a.m.

Mazda B2000 Pickup with miata suspension/sub-frames and a Duramax. Zero bodywork except for the cab. Gooseneck welded to the rear with no bed.

Twin screw blower bolted to a 20B into a late C3 Vette rocking side pipes.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
2/13/13 9:57 a.m.
McTinkerson wrote: Mazda B2000 Pickup with miata suspension/sub-frames and a Duramax. Zero bodywork except for the cab. Gooseneck welded to the rear with no bed. Twin screw blower bolted to a 20B into a late C3 Vette rocking side pipes.

I suspect you might need more load bearing parts than a Miata can offer up. Have you ever seen the size of driveline components under a Chevy 2500/3500HD to handle 650 ft/lbs of torque pulling whatever you plan to hang on that gooseneck ball?

I might look to something IRS that had a tow rating for parts. You won't find anything super-sturdy but I think an Explorer, Ridgeline, etc would make for more capable towing than parts originally intended for a 2300lb sports car.

SCARRMRCC
SCARRMRCC New Reader
2/13/13 9:58 a.m.

Every time I see the LeMons team with the 6 wheeled Toyota Hilux, I want to build that for the street.. and to tow my racecar (just with a better engine.)

TeamEvil
TeamEvil Reader
2/13/13 10:14 a.m.

'61 Fiat 600 mounted on a severely shortened VW pan, maybe . . . . it was recently crushed by a tree and I haven't actually looked at the damage.

From the pics it looks like only the front sheet metal survived so I'm gonna probably have to finish it up as a vehicle similar to the Mini Traveler.

T

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/13/13 10:21 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: I'm doing one now.... My signature is relevant. Old outdated SOHC i4 "truck motor." Into a Miata.

Will the F2T fit in a FB 7?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/13/13 10:25 a.m.
yamaha wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: I'm doing one now.... My signature is relevant. Old outdated SOHC i4 "truck motor." Into a Miata.
Will the F2T fit in a FB 7?

Depends on your definition of "fit." Clearly, i have no problems cutting holes in hood, so my definition of "fit" is fulfilled.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/13/13 10:47 a.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

Once the ti is moving under its own power and "finished" I'll start looking for FB shells. IDGAF if the valve cover, turbo, or whatever is poking through the hood....

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/13/13 10:56 a.m.

It's gonna be more work than a Miata, but let me know, i'm down.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/13/13 11:30 a.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

More work, yes......more cutting and welding than you'd imagine, yes....more awesome, perhaps.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/13/13 11:35 a.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to Swank Force One: More work, yes......more cutting and welding than you'd imagine, yes....more awesome, perhaps.

The only "hard" parts will be figuring out how to mount the trans and rear end necessary to deal with the F2T.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
2/13/13 11:35 a.m.

Lincoln LS with RB26DE and ATTESA AWD from a GTR
S10 with a 3800SC and 5 speed, IRS out back and locking diff
RWD SR20DE in my Infiniti G20
Dans frankenprobe in "epic build threads"

...I could go on and on and on and on and on....

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/13/13 11:54 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: The only "hard" parts will be figuring out how to mount the trans and rear end necessary to deal with the F2T.

I have welders and such......cut it all until it fits, and then e30 325is rear diff or of course, the 8.8 thunderbird would work.

4cylndrfury wrote: S10 with a 3800SC and 5 speed, IRS out back and locking diff

That is pretty easy by franken car standards.....

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
2/13/13 11:54 a.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: Lincoln LS with RB26DE and ATTESA AWD from a GTR S10 with a 3800SC and 5 speed, IRS out back and locking diff RWD SR20DE in my Infiniti G20 Dans frankenprobe in "epic build threads" ...I could go on and on and on and on and on....

I agree with the above statements 100% and fully support your insanity.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/13/13 12:10 p.m.
yamaha wrote: Will the F2T fit in a FB 7?

The B2000 diesel's been done, needed some hood clearancing though.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/13/13 12:19 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
yamaha wrote: Will the F2T fit in a FB 7?
The B2000 diesel's been done, needed some hood clearancing though.

I'm pretty sure that the F2T IS a diesel.

golfduke
golfduke Reader
2/13/13 12:19 p.m.

I did a 944/LS6 frankencar that comprised of mostly 70's mopar drivetrain. It was terrifying.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/13/13 12:27 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
Knurled wrote: 2000 diesel's been done, needed some hood clearancing though.
I'm pretty sure that the F2T IS a diesel.

pretty much minus the injection pump and glow plugs......I am thinking even a light build on an f2t would motivate an FB to batE36 M3 crazy status in a hurry

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
2/13/13 12:30 p.m.

I have a couple based on what's in the driveway:

1997 Dakota: swap a new Hemi 392 in there, but keep it looking stock and quiet, except for the solenoid-controlled exhaust cutouts for when I want to get rowdy.

1979 Trans Am: typical LS/T56 swap, but the LS motor has to equal 6.6 Litres to match the decals.

1987 CSX: How about mid-engined with a SRT4 motor and box flares?

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
2/13/13 12:34 p.m.

Not very silly or out there, I just want an LSx motor for my IS300. It can even stay automatic (blasphemy!)

1uzfe into my RA29 Celica. It'll probably get a 5mge or 7mge/gte. If I get the LSx motor for the IS300, the Celica can have it's 2jzge.

Also, 5.0 FD RX7.

All of them would have to be CA smog legal which makes things harder/less cheap.

/End Daydream sequence.

JeffHarbert
JeffHarbert GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/13/13 12:39 p.m.

Just about any older AWD minivan, WRX engine & tranny.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/13/13 1:26 p.m.
DuctTape&Bondo wrote: Not very silly or out there, I just want an LSx motor for my IS300. It can even stay automatic (blasphemy!) 1uzfe into my RA29 Celica. It'll probably get a 5mge or 7mge/gte. If I get the LSx motor for the IS300, the Celica can have it's 2jzge. Also, 5.0 FD RX7. All of them would have to be CA smog legal which makes things harder/less cheap. /End Daydream sequence.

Simple answer allowing to making your ideas plausible......flee california.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
2/13/13 1:33 p.m.

7AGZE + awd in an AE 101 'rolla = ultimate sleeper status

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/13/13 1:36 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: 7AGZE + awd in an AE 101 'rolla = ultimate sleeper status

Some AE111 'rollas came with AWD and they don't look much less boring. The security guard at my office has one.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
2/13/13 1:43 p.m.

same drivetrain as the Rav4? How much can a Rav4 awd system handle HP wise? Ive never heard of an "all trac" 100 series corolla...got any info? Wikipedia is useless...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ihBsnv35VBuu2PXQtAMyKDOUCHs2qSd0xMBf54RMTI4duU3ZWCLJeeCORgAmo5lw