1 2 3
alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
8/29/12 10:19 a.m.

Tuna, Nashco- it's all relative.

From how I look at it, you are both right.

(but I have seen some glaring examples by other OEM's of throwing money vs. really solving a problem- and that company starts with a T)

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
8/29/12 10:20 a.m.

In reply to NOHOME:

If the design wasn't easily done on a simple plug design, I would agree- say some of the shapes that are very hard to define in blue foam as you see in an F1 car - I would totally agree about the impressiveness.

But the body shape is really easy, and it looks like they did 3d priting for the sake of doing 3d printing instead of needing it.

NOHOME
NOHOME HalfDork
8/29/12 11:13 a.m.
alfadriver wrote: In reply to NOHOME: If the design wasn't easily done on a simple plug design, I would agree- say some of the shapes that are very hard to define in blue foam as you see in an F1 car - I would totally agree about the impressiveness. But the body shape is really easy, and it looks like they did 3d priting for the sake of doing 3d printing instead of needing it.

Did you see the side-pod? Hollow with internal structure is not plug-mold material.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
8/29/12 11:42 a.m.

In reply to NOHOME: Side pod is not the body. And the pictures that were in the article didn't really show the complex side pod on the car.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XJqkUlXmVaXmEJE5RtMPlZat0timXO1wumFlYoQeIGXShtVsQUHktt8ahujO30z4