Stuc
Stuc HalfDork
1/10/09 5:31 p.m.

I was wondering if zip-ties would be adequate to secure fuel lines. Something says 'don't do it', but I can't see why not, looking at it physically and mechanically.

The stock clips are these rubber sort of bushing things that hold the delivery, return, vapor, and rear brake lines next to eachother, but I swapped out the delivery and return lines from the carbed ones to larger diameter EFI ones and now they don't fit in the clips. Plus, they're quite unmanageable... I can't even get these things to move around when I try. While they run under the car the same, the EFI lines differ slightly where they start and finish at the front and rear of the car and I have nothing to compare with locally. (Car does have EFI tank and swapped EFI motor).

So, in the end... I've been messing with these clips and I really can't get them to work. How bad would it be to use zip-ties to secure the lines and keep them from vibrating, etc?

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
1/10/09 5:33 p.m.

I like using Adel clamps. The rubber lined ones work well. You can get them at Lowes or any good race shop.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
1/10/09 7:14 p.m.

Are the fuel lines rubber or metal, if metal I'd say no as they could spark if they do rub.

I purchased my clamps on ebay

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fWoknhfi7Z58OlaIYLsesO0LgCArX3CnaVViB8n99GxoRIDVurf4KG78ukTNGB3t