1 2
outasite
outasite HalfDork
8/15/20 8:16 p.m.

I saw a Tracker today that looked showroom fresh from about 20 feet away in slow traffic. Must have been a very recent restoration or a survivor. It had the aftermarket fiber glass top that encloses the frt cab like a pickup with a bed cover. In central Minnesota that is a real unicorn.

untchabl
untchabl Reader
8/16/20 6:26 a.m.

I prefer the 99-newer ones with the 2.0 but the 1.6 16v isn't bad. I've had a couple of the 99-newer 4-doors and have been actively hunting for a 99-newer 2-door but haven't found the right one yet. 

Buddy of mine has 10 of the older TracKicks, ranging from nicely upgraded DD 4-door to turbocharged 2-door to parts vehicles. He's never paid more than $500 for one.

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) Reader
8/16/20 9:58 a.m.

These replaced '73 Ramchargers for the Santa Monica Mountain Conservancy. That is my stepdad in the photo (he also coordinated getting Suzuki to donate the vehicles).  When some yahoo would try to go 4 wheeling somewhere they shouldn't, he would follow until they got stuck, drive up right next to them, issue a ticket, and drive back out.  The smallest "regular" light bar was still 6 inches wider than the roof, so they had to go with a mini light bar.  He had no trouble keeping up with anything, on road or off, when it came to needing to catch someone to issue a citation.  He knew those roads very well and could push any vehicle through them very quickly. For reference, the Ramchargers, being 20 years old and having been in continuous service the whole time, were worn ragged and had become very unreliable.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sUwiuSXUmWzPBRTlN10jSTNjdjEa7AQTKwYlkWWGE1ytRvxQRAKQHqdZxhYDBPmI