Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
11/29/17 10:49 a.m.
feature_image

Ribbon cutting ceremonies can be pretty lame events. Take an industry executive, a few glad-handing politicians, and call it a day. However, when World Champion Mario Andretti roars up to cut the ribbon in a two-seat Indy car, you know this is a different kind of event.

On Tuesday, October 17th, Orlando Andretti Karting and Games held its grand opening. …

Read the rest of the story

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
11/29/17 12:47 p.m.

Looks like an awesome track and an awesome facility, but i'm a little worried by the fact that they are running electric karts.  Andretti's other two karting facilities are here in Atlanta--the location running gas karts has great racing, while the location running electric karts always runs them with electronic speed restrictors activated and makes the racing no fun at all.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/29/17 1:21 p.m.

I was my son's best man. That's where we had his bachelor party. 

He whooped us.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/29/17 2:26 p.m.

tried out the two level track two weeks ago. It was fun, going back soon. Busy now, I'll post more later. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/29/17 2:33 p.m.

I sell them all their food for the kitchen.  It's not terrible. 

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
11/30/17 2:57 p.m.

I went and checked out the facility last week.  The "big boy" two-level kart track is a ton of fun.  Yes, the karts are electric, but they'll turn them up if folks are well behaved.  (which is a challenge)   During our sessions, folks were getting along pretty well, and they turned the karts up to a fun level.

I know they had more juice to give---- which makes me very curious how their leagues / special events are.  At full-tilt boogie, it would be a riot.   

The two-level track has a ton of elevation change, banked corners, and challenging turns.  The karts rotate well, and feel well sorted.

I had a blast and plan on going back----especially if they have "advanced" sessions, or leagues where  the wick will be fully lit!  

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
11/30/17 3:03 p.m.
nderwater said:

Looks like an awesome track and an awesome facility, but i'm a little worried by the fact that they are running electric karts.  Andretti's other two karting facilities are here in Atlanta--the location running gas karts has great racing, while the location running electric karts always runs them with electronic speed restrictors activated and makes the racing no fun at all.

The electric kart places here treat it more as a Time Trial type event. So going for the fastest lap of the session vs actually racing. Which is fine with me since most don't know what they are doing. Get around them, get some clear track and hammer it, win the session.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UjXJFry8VxMM5HjfB1M0pEibPxnYMe5YepFpWvBXQd0LQrEFzq616kqDRX3Xsbju