03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
6/1/24 10:38 a.m.

After seeing a TV car guy's go fund me advertised here, I realized financial setbacks from loss of work and property when my camper and wife's Toyota were rear ended, might qualify. 
We were all blessed that no one was hurt - including the young man that hit me. And that we also did not hurt anyone else, as we spun all over 4 lanes, of a three lane interstate. 
Not being a famous guy, with almost no internet presence, I'm not at all surprised I've gotten zero donations!

I've helped quite a few folks, by selling them a beater car for the couple-few hundred they could afford, no matter that I could get more. When I needed a beater after the accident was the first time I'm my life, (and I'm old) I have EVER asked for any kind of charity. I also got zero response then. 
I was blessed to find a GREAT price on a car on here, (available to anyone) to get me through, and set aside enough for a high miles, plain tow pig. 
But still way behind. 
Hurts my soul to still be asking for charity, but here is the GoFundMe link:

GoFundMe

Hope everyone has a great day!

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
6/1/24 11:14 a.m.

"There but for the grace of God go I"

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
6/1/24 12:21 p.m.

In reply to Datsun240ZGuy :

Amen, to that!

Anyone that kept up with my tales of woe, know that ALL of my financial problems are COMPLETELY first world! Don't have to skip meals, roof over my head, and ain't walking to work!

All my transportation need tons of $$$ in deferred maintenance; but ain't walking. 
just have spent 90% of my retirement, paying bills surprise

But... ain't in massive debt, and, those bills, ARE up to date!

Reasonably healthy, although things hurt A LOT more than even a couple years ago. My wife is quite a bit worse, but she is extremely tough, and won't let it stop her. 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
6/6/24 9:38 p.m.

I can't say I'm surprised. With me not being famous, or a social media darling, my go fund me is not a go, anywhere!

other than the one donation, I can hear it gasping for its last breath. 
I'll still make it, but it's not like I NEED hundreds of thousands like the folks that are well liked get. 

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
10/1/24 10:15 a.m.

GFM contacted me via email (scam?) and refunded the $20 I tossed into the hat for this guy.  This is all odd.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/1/24 10:31 p.m.

Nope. I was never able to give them the I for that wanted to pull out the one donation (thought it was you, but they did not tell me who)

They did inform me they where going to refund it, as as it was only donation, I thought that would be a good thing!

I definitely do appreciate the thought!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VE3T77ZjqTdagCvoydkyLUpWVntJLDV6Om9NoElhtlMiJqMNfuC1hotwobA1lZfZ