Fr3AkAzOiD
Fr3AkAzOiD Reader
3/29/16 9:08 p.m.

'97 Celica vert

Would like the hives opinion on this.

Obvious stuff to keep an eye out for like mixing fluids, leaks, rust, frame damage, the horror story probably under those sear covers. :P

My plans are to drive it till the fall and do as little as possible to it and if SHMBO is MEH about it, sell it and hope to get close to breaking even.

If she likes it enough, put some money into replacing worn out parts over the 2017 winter and keep it for a few years.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/29/16 9:22 p.m.

244k miles.

I'd say the price is a bit high. Looks nice though.

Fr3AkAzOiD
Fr3AkAzOiD Reader
3/29/16 9:30 p.m.

The listing was just updated yesterday morning and has been listed just over 2 weeks. My guess is he just did a price drop.

Adrift
Adrift Reader
3/29/16 9:36 p.m.

My brother has one in his family fleet. Through a series of misadventures, last fall I had to drive it instead of my Miata on a road trip in the hills of southeast OH. I was shocked how nice it drove. Very impressive. I don't now what year (same body style) or miles are on his but he paid multiple times that price. It was very clean.

If it checks out I don't think you would be hurt too much especially if you look to sell next spring. Put me in the good deal camp.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/30/16 12:01 a.m.

If all the repairs are documented I call it a fair deal. The mileage is the issue I have. If there us paper going back 100k with oil changes I would purchase it.

92dxman
92dxman SuperDork
3/30/16 3:43 p.m.

Looks nice but I'd maybe offer half of that at most..

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RBBxYB5471dnN20skegfmUj1LalOXvlq8vHDSTxoOpo0JOFmfzkYnVA8hKG9AC5W