flyin_viata
flyin_viata GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/10/24 8:31 a.m.

I'm in my third season of HPDE with 22 track days so still on the new side of this adventure...noticing that the Goodyear SC3/SC3R seem to be on backorder a significant portion of the year (except Camaro OEM sizing).  

Anybody know if these tires are made on a cycle and if so, is there a common time for them to hit retailers?

Thanks

ClearWaterMS
ClearWaterMS HalfDork
6/10/24 8:38 a.m.

I run the same tires and at the beginning of the season they were in stock but by April when I went to order them Goodyear was listing them as no longer available on their site and Tire Rack only had a single pair for the rears.  

So try in March/April (i know that doesn't help you this year) and know that I feel your pain...  Goodyear has a great tire but damn if they don't make enough of them.  

flyin_viata
flyin_viata GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/10/24 8:43 a.m.

Seems like the SC3 is tailor made for GTA Enthusiast Class which I'm being peer pressured into (LOL), so if I go down that road I should probably run a set of 275 square on track and see how they do...

ClearWaterMS
ClearWaterMS HalfDork
6/10/24 3:39 p.m.
flyin_viata said:

Seems like the SC3 is tailor made for GTA Enthusiast Class which I'm being peer pressured into (LOL), so if I go down that road I should probably run a set of 275 square on track and see how they do...

Grand theft auto enthusiast class ;)

the SC3s are great tires, they wear well are usable cold and last a pretty long time.  I managed to run tires I purchased in 2022 through all of 2023.  

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 Dork
6/10/24 4:03 p.m.

Same problem, so I just bought a Camaro

ClearWaterMS
ClearWaterMS HalfDork
6/10/24 4:31 p.m.
Olemiss540 said:

that is like the joke when my wife says there is a spider and I volunteer to burn down the house... 

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 Dork
6/10/24 5:07 p.m.
ClearWaterMS said:
Olemiss540 said:

that is like the joke when my wife says there is a spider and I volunteer to burn down the house... 

LET IT BURN

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZS1Sv55Fb6khjh1dLDrywkoQaOlGlt1dqOA19B16QRmEoQHjHsOIN5nFOdTzK2kR