JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
8/1/17 2:36 p.m.
feature_image

Designing a championship-caliber autocross course is more than just slapping a few pylons on pavement. Roger Johnson is the most prolific course designer in Tire Rack SCCA Solo Nationals history, and literally wrote the book on top-notch autocross course design. He’s also a whiz at putting high-quality courses on challenging or suboptimal sites.

This week we're going to discuss autocross …

Read the rest of the story

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
8/1/17 2:42 p.m.

A decade ago, I may have joined this viewing, and had a pretty open debate.

Alas, the last autocross I competed in was 2012, and the last course I designed was probably 2011.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
8/2/17 9:15 a.m.
alfadriver wrote: A decade ago, I may have joined this viewing, and had a pretty open debate. Alas, the last autocross I competed in was 2012, and the last course I designed was probably 2011.

Just pretend you're watching it after a season 3 episode of Breaking Bad to put yourself in that 2011 mood.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
8/2/17 9:18 a.m.

Roger is one of the nicest guys in the sport and Houston loves having him.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/2/17 9:22 a.m.

Won't be able to catch this one live, but I look forward to watching the video tomorrow.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/2/17 9:33 a.m.
RevRico wrote: Won't be able to catch this one live, but I look forward to watching the video tomorrow.

Cool. Look for it on our YouTube channel. Should be some good learning stuff shared.

David S. Wallens
8/2/17 6:16 p.m.

And we go live in less than two hours. The lights turn on at 9 p.m. Eastern. It's almost time to head over to hair and makeup.

David S. Wallens
8/2/17 7:35 p.m.

Good evening, everyone. It's 8:35 p.m. on the East Coast, and we go live in 25 minutes.

David S. Wallens
8/2/17 7:41 p.m.

I'll be moderating both Facebook and YouTube tonight. Have a question? Ask away!

David S. Wallens
8/2/17 8:13 p.m.
David S. Wallens
8/2/17 8:56 p.m.

And lots of great stuff tonight for both drivers and designers.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7kWnOJhJtGT56yWil04iCXltkGHesvkuTWnb4z1GTURHS8sRDdwLu7amGnA0mxpt