Words fail me...

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=80165

grtechguy
grtechguy SuperDork
8/8/08 8:41 p.m.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
8/8/08 9:00 p.m.

"he choice was a simple one for me – Zymöl Royale Estate Glaze (this has recently gone up in price and now retails at £8118!!)"

WTF?!?!

Also, that man is living the dream. Huge, clean shop, money to buy M3s, huge, clean shop...

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin Reader
8/8/08 9:33 p.m.

http://zymol-central.detailbest.com/page2.html

Zymol Royale Glaze $7,583.00

GregTivo
GregTivo New Reader
8/8/08 9:37 p.m.
ArtOfRuin wrote: http://zymol-central.detailbest.com/page2.html Zymol Royale Glaze $7,583.00

yes, but free lifetime refills. If all you do is clean and polish concourse cars, maybe its not so bad.

GregTivo
GregTivo New Reader
8/8/08 9:38 p.m.
Osterkraut wrote: "he choice was a simple one for me – Zymöl Royale Estate Glaze (this has recently gone up in price and now retails at £8118!!)" WTF?!?! Also, that man is living the dream. Huge, clean shop, money to buy M3s, huge, clean shop...

this was after he gave up and bought his lotus. something tells me he didn't have to sell his lotus to fund this venture.

Luke
Luke Dork
8/8/08 9:39 p.m.

It does come with a Free Lifetime Refill Policy.

But you already knew that because GregTivo mentioned it 2 minutes before me

mattmacklind
mattmacklind SuperDork
8/8/08 11:42 p.m.

I can do that with Meguiars and Turtle Wax. Seriously.. Nice ride, though, and good work.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
8/9/08 12:11 a.m.
mattmacklind wrote: I can do that with Meguiars and Turtle Wax.

While I wouldn't go that far, I think he could accomplish almost exact results with MUCH cheaper products. Wax that costs as much as 2-3 paintjobs is a wee bit insane.

Anyway, I consider myself to be a pretty decent detailer. That guy makes me feel very inadequate (even after spending a fair amount of time at autopia).

That car is a masterpiece now. Brilliant.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed New Reader
8/9/08 5:16 a.m.
gamby wrote:
mattmacklind wrote: I can do that with Meguiars and Turtle Wax.
While I wouldn't go that far, I think he could accomplish almost exact results with MUCH cheaper products. Wax that costs as much as 2-3 paintjobs is a wee bit insane. Anyway, I consider myself to be a pretty decent detailer. That guy makes me feel very inadequate (even after spending a fair amount of time at autopia). That car is a masterpiece now. Brilliant.

Yes, it's hard to compare to that level of work. Simply beautiful.

Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 HalfDork
8/9/08 6:20 a.m.

I never quite "get" concourse types... I think I like driving too much. Yet another great car that will most likely never be driven and enjoyed again. "Sell it to a collector" indeed.

That said, while it may have been found in a barn, it's not even ten years old... is it really a "barn find"?

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 New Reader
8/9/08 7:50 a.m.

Is it possible that the car looks better now than it did when it was brand new?

GregTivo
GregTivo New Reader
8/9/08 7:53 a.m.
Mazdax605 wrote: Is it possible that the car looks better now than it did when it was brand new?

entirely, car manufacturers are not concourse prep people.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/9/08 8:02 a.m.

think of all the auto-x's he missed by cleaning up that car...

some elbow grease some simple green and a set of azenis would make that sucker pimp!!!!!!!

Every cone he hits would cost 800.00 the way he details cars.

wreckerboy
wreckerboy SuperDork
8/9/08 8:31 a.m.
ignorant wrote: think of all the auto-x's he missed by cleaning up that car... some elbow grease some simple green and a set of azenis would make that sucker pimp!!!!!!!

Just imagine the tragedy if he cones...

joey48442
joey48442 Dork
8/9/08 8:59 a.m.
ignorant wrote: think of all the auto-x's he missed by cleaning up that car... some elbow grease some simple green and a set of azenis would make that sucker pimp!!!!!!!

I think...maybe...when you buy 7,000 dollar wax, you probably arent in the business of buying bargain basement tires. (not that there is anything wrong with Azenis, as I have owned three sets myself, and three sets of ZIEX's, as well)

Joey

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
8/9/08 9:04 a.m.

Wow - with it that shiney, you can REALLY see the orange peel.

fastEddie
fastEddie Dork
8/9/08 9:20 a.m.

Yep, I'd much rather just drive the darn thing....

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/9/08 10:00 a.m.

I HATE cleaning cars. Oh sure, the first few months I own a car I'll wash it almost weekly & maybe even wax it once or twice, but after that it just goes down hill fast. For xeample: I washed my Miata once this year, back in March or so, the van was washed sometime last year, but my pickup hasn't been washed in about 4-years. I'm really thinking of building a rat-rod just so I can be proud of how skanky it is.

Did I mention I hate cleaning cars?

gamby
gamby SuperDork
8/9/08 11:00 a.m.
petegossett wrote: I HATE cleaning cars. Oh sure, the first few months I own a car I'll wash it almost weekly & maybe even wax it once or twice, but after that it just goes down hill fast. For xeample: I washed my Miata once this year, back in March or so, the van was washed sometime last year, but my pickup hasn't been washed in about 4-years. I'm really thinking of building a rat-rod just so I can be proud of how skanky it is. Did I mention I hate cleaning cars?

I LOVE it.

I like the whole process of transforming something crappy into something nice.

<--task-oriented

GaryR
GaryR None
8/9/08 11:45 a.m.

Amazing job...

vazbmw
vazbmw New Reader
8/9/08 6:34 p.m.

This might be related to this guy. This is his business, therefore this is a commercial: Here on Top Gear

But it is still cool

bruceman
bruceman New Reader
8/9/08 8:34 p.m.

So I wonder if it runs and drives

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OJ1SfLziBnBL6IRCjU95euVrS3H42hQ7zp7301QuqdlViiwm9p3ziFhEvdgWHQAZ